GO!

Aussie size

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Dolly

I chew therefore- I am

Barked: Sat Jan 10, '09 6:58pm PST 
Dolly is 8 months old and 40 lbs. She's pretty much lost her long legged gawky teenage look. I expect she'll fill out a bit between 8 mos and 2 years, but thought I'd ask experienced Aussie owners what they think.
[notify]
Baron

I'm sorry was- that YOUR sock?

Barked: Sat Jan 10, '09 7:34pm PST 
Yea Dolly should start filling out soon. It will take a little bit of time but she will. Baron was about full grown at a year old. I did have to work a little hard to put some extra weight on him tho. Hes a bit taller than the average Aussie so it took a little bit of extra work there. But anyway back to Dolly. Well all the dogs are different but I would say she should be right at her ideal body size anywhere from now to a year and a half. Hope that gives you an idea although I know its kinda vague.

Edited by author Sat Jan 10, '09 7:40pm PST

[notify]
Dolly

I chew therefore- I am

Barked: Sat Jan 10, '09 8:26pm PST 
I'd guess she'll gain about 5 lbs, but that's only an educated guess. Thanks for your feedback. She seems so huge all of a sudden!!!
[notify]

Baron

I'm sorry was- that YOUR sock?

Barked: Sun Jan 11, '09 12:20pm PST 
Yea Baron did the same thing. Just a lil pup one week and the next he was jumpin up and puttin his paws on my chest. I was like what the heck?! haha
[notify]
Sugar- Magnolia

Blossoms- blooming

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 7:05am PST 
I'm a year and a half and about 36#, ~19" at the shoulder. My mom expects I'll gain a few more pounds, but figures I'm pro'lly done growin'. Most of the Aussies at our park are about the same size - a couple are bigger.
[notify]
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 11:32am PST 
Mia is 36 right now & 8 months old. Not sure about Dot, she's only 9 weeks and probably about 9lbs, but she's a mini.
[notify]
Dolly

I chew therefore- I am

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 8:32pm PST 
Wow well, based on Sugar Magnolia and Mia's reports, I guess I've got an Aussie heading towards being larger. Funny because Dolly's mom was small, and I half expected Doll to be on the small side too.

Now when she jumps up, paws on the couch, she seems to stretch out forever!!! I once read, take the puppy's weight at 4 mos and just about double that should be close to adult weight. Must admit, I hope she doesn't hit over 50 lbs.

That said, of course if she exceeded that ideal limit I would love her dearly for who she is. I'm just surprised.
[notify]
Denali

Pretty Girl

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '09 9:50am PST 
I only have a guess here... at 8 months, I weigh 36#. mommy hasn't measured my height, yet. My breeder-mom told my mommy that I'd get to be about 55# at full size. But when I was a few months old, my veterinarian said I might grow to be closer to 45#.
I guess only time is going to tell.
[notify]
Grady

Disc Dogs rock!

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '09 11:00am PST 
When you talk size there are alot of factors involved. Auzzie's are generally around the 18 to 25 in in the hithers and I do stress the "generally". Weight is controlled mostly by you the handler. What I mean is, my dog Grady will eat as much food as we put in front of him so we have to limit his intake based on what we are doing with him. Grady is into Disc Dogging his competition wight is around 40-44 lbs, but his off season weight is 45-50 lbs. We live in Minnesota so it hard to get him our runnning when it's -15 outside. When spring get here and were outside training the winter weight comes off him fairly quick ( I wish I could say the same about me). We found that his basic size has not changed much after he reached one year of age.
[notify]
Cooper

he can handle- himself.

Barked: Fri Jan 16, '09 5:01pm PST 
Cooper got weighed today at the vet...........he's 4.5 months, and 36 lbs.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3