GO!

Who has two aussies?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Thomas Jacob- Madsen

Daddy is that- you?

Barked: Wed Nov 19, '08 1:59pm PST 
So my girlfriend and I have decided that we will get Thomas a sister sometime next year once we have saved a bit more money and he has matured awhile longer. I was told by an elderly couple at the park that once they got their second aussie that they only paid attention to one another instead of the owners. Thomas lives for me I can say so I don't really see it becoming an issue with him because he always strives for my approval even more than other dogs at the park. I am somewhat worried that the new sister may be infatuated with Thomas while we are away at work or school. We want to make sure that we do what is needed to keep them as individuals first and foremost so that we can all live in harmony a lot more. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. smile
[notify]
Rusty

R.I.P dear Raja

Barked: Wed Nov 19, '08 9:45pm PST 
I would love 2 Aussiescloud 9 Later on (3 yearslaugh out loud), we may be getting another Aussie, probably one of Rusty's pups. So any advice here would be appreciated toowave
[notify]
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 5:36pm PST 
I'd love another one, but far far in the future. This person posts on flickr and she has THREE...all under 1 year I believe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21618347@N03/
[notify]

Oreo

Oh ee oh wee- oh!!

Barked: Sun Nov 23, '08 4:35pm PST 
Usually puppies will look to the older dog as a "model" but I have never had a dog grow dependant as long as you feed seperate and have seperate play/training times and not together 24/7. That said, it can be rather helpful training wise to have an older, already trained dog. you would be surprised how fast puppies pick up habits (good and bad) from their older dog. We have four right now ranging in ages from 2-11
[notify]
Thomas Jacob- Madsen

Daddy is that- you?

Barked: Mon Nov 24, '08 4:04pm PST 
Thomas is absolute perfection so I wouldn't mind the puppy following him. I was just concerned about the puppy not listening to us as much because of him around. Thomas is completely magnetized to me and his mommy really wants to have a little puppy be at least somewhat that way with her. I was just worried that I would end up still having Thomas and then the new girl tagging along with him as well lol.
[notify]
Kai

I'm the water- baby!

Barked: Sun Nov 30, '08 12:22am PST 
Mom got me a sister not too long ago. Its nice because we are both puppies (me, I'm 5 months and Andi is 3 months). Its very different now in the apartment. I think mommy is sad becuase I was her little baby and now that Andi came along I spend more and more time with Andi.
[notify]
Andi

kissy girl

Barked: Sun Nov 30, '08 12:28am PST 
I'm Andi and I'm the troublemaker in the house. wink Mommy always talks about what a perfect puppy my brother Kai used to be. Now he doesn't listen as well to them. Its funny when he gets in trouble. But mommy and daddy still like me too. They say I do much better learning commands and potty training than Kai because I just follow his lead. I want to be just like him. I follow him everywhere and try to be a good dog like him. Sometimes we wrestle really loud in the apartment though. Thats the only complaint mommy and daddy have about there being two of us now. smile
[notify]
Thomas Jacob- Madsen

Daddy is that- you?

Barked: Sun Nov 30, '08 10:35am PST 
Yea I am thinking that Thomas is now about two years old a sister will not be his main focus, especially it still being at least 6 months away. Hope all goes well with it.
[notify]
Desoto

Bird Whisperer

Barked: Wed Dec 10, '08 10:10am PST 
Well I have a border collie and an aussie right now. We had Saddie the 12 year old (border) first. Then I got Desoto at 8 weeks old. He loved Saddie and playing with her but he never got super attached to her. He is my velcro dog and shadow, he hardly even plays with Saddie now that he is a year old. He listens far better to my commands than Saddie and tends to behave even when she is being a wild border collie.

I am struggling with the decision to get a second aussie (likely not for a year or so though after I am confident in Desotos training) A female, either a red or a tri. My concern is I dont want Desoto to get attached to the new pup and stop being my shadow, I think its unlikely though. At the same time it would be nice for him to have a younger dog to play with and run around the yard with. Aussies tend to be far more people oriented than dog oriented (mine really dont love strange dogs) so I wouldnt be concerned about the new pup not bonding with me though.
[notify]
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '09 1:10pm PST 
LOL...well now I have two!!

There's only 6 months difference in their ages but so far it's been a perfect match. I have to train seperate (although Mia get's to play demo dog for Dot sometimes), but man it's fun!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2