GO!

"STACKING" MY AUSSIE

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

VATULAKNOX ZEUS HELAKU

SETTING- STANDARDS FOR- OTHER TO FOLLOW

Barked: Sun Nov 9, '08 12:35am PST 
Hi there

My aussie is now 3months old & I would like to start doing conformation shows in 2009. I am not sure how "stacking" works thinking If anyone has some advice I would much appreciate it!

I do agility with my Border Collie & will start with ground work training with Zeus within this month. Will it be a good thing to mix conformation & agility training at the same time? I have NO experience in the conformation field - HELP PLEASEdog
[notify]
Kilkenny's- Saint Samson

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '08 12:04pm PST 
I would also like to know any tips for stacking Aussies!

I have a 4 month old that I'm working with, I've attended one conformation handling class so far.

I've been shown to place a treat on the ground and position the legs to where I want them (but where do I want them?!) and how do I teach him to put himself into a stack instead of me putting him in a stack?
[notify]
VATULAKNOX ZEUS HELAKU

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '08 8:18am PST 
If i put a treat on the ground - there is no way i can get him to stand still & position his legs they way i want them.
[notify]

Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '08 8:31pm PST 
Try emailing this person:
http://www.flickr.com/people/11520448@N03/

She seems to have a lot of experience with showing dogs, maybe she could give your some pointers
[notify]
VATULAKNOX ZEUS HELAKU

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 4:38am PST 
Thanks will do so!happy dance
[notify]