GO!

Prayers for Myla...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Myla

I sMiLe for- cOokiEs!

Barked: Wed Oct 1, '08 1:17am PST 
Hi all,

I'm not on here very much anymore, but I was wondering if you could keep my dear Myla in your thoughts. Myla has become very ill over the last few days, and so far the vets have not been able to figure out what is wrong with her. She is currently on two antibiotics to try to help her. They are pretty sure she has some sort of infection, because yesterday she had a fever of 40.2 C, and they think she hurt her spine by her tail. She had blood work done today and her white blood cell count was very low, as if she is fighting something off. We are not sure as to what happened to her, because she was staying with a family member while we were out of town.
Myla still cannot walk or go to the bathroom on her own. She is in alot of pain. cry
Myla goes back to the vet on Friday for an X-ray to see if they can figure this out.
Please keep my beautiful girl in your thoughts...
[notify]
Joey

Barked: Fri Oct 3, '08 4:30pm PST 
Awwwwww, I wish both you and your lovely pet a speedy recovery
[notify]
Rusty

R.I.P dear Raja

Barked: Sat Oct 4, '08 12:04am PST 
Mylaa, you'll definately be in our prayershughug I'll make a post for you up in Plus Friendly toohughug
[notify]

Annie, CGC

Cheese!

Barked: Sat Oct 4, '08 8:53am PST 
hug Hope she feels better soon!! hug
[notify]
Myla

I sMiLe for- cOokiEs!

Barked: Sat Oct 4, '08 2:10pm PST 
I just wanted to update you all on how Myla is doing. Its been one week since Myla caught this mysterious bug, and we were told to prepare ourselves for the worst. I'm happy to say yesterday morning when I woke up, I woke up to the best thing ever....Myla was walking! Very stiffly, but walking non the less. I immediately called the vets and told them how she was doing. They were in just as much shock as me, but incredibly happy Myla was starting to come around. As of today I can barely tell anything ever happened to her Except she is still a little stiff in her back legs. She is running around, playing with her toys and being Myla.
I guess I will never know what caused her to get so sick, but I'm very grateful Myla pulled through. I could not imagine life without my Smiley Bear.
Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts. I'm just so incredibly happy right now!

Edited by author Sat Oct 4, '08 2:13pm PST

[notify]
Rusty

R.I.P dear Raja

Barked: Sat Oct 4, '08 3:43pm PST 
Thanks fantastic news Myla!!snoopyhughughug
[notify]