GO!

Hello!!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Twilight

I can't- heeeeaaarrr- you!!!!

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '08 3:22am PST 
Hi everypup my name is Twilight! And I am the Product of an unethical double Merle breeding, don't know fur sure what that means but I think it means I'm super special and Mommy loves me the most. It also means I can say I can't hear you and mean it BOL! I'm 5 Months old and I geuss what Mommy wants to know is, have any of you guys ever rescued a Pup like me and beside the deafness and Congenital eye defects I already have is there anything else we can expect with me? Also I only weight 13lbs and I'm almost 5 months am I gonna be a small Pup or Bigger Were not sure cause Mommy's never had a Aussie Pup before.

Cheerio!!!
[notify]
Patches

Shake it like a- Polaroid- picture!

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '08 8:59am PST 
Hi! What a great name you got Twillight. Your humans must have a big heart to adopt you and i'm sure that you will get a lot of love from them.

I think you will be a smaller sized Aussie. No biggie, you still got that Aussie smarts and attitude just in a smaller package.
[notify]
Desoto

Bird Whisperer

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '08 12:59pm PST 
Twilight your parents are super cool for adopting you!applause I've had special needs pups but never a deaf one, so we cant help much there unfortunatly. Sounds like you'll be a tiny aussie, dont feel bad though Desoto is small too. He started out big, at four months he was around 27 pounds I think, hes put on a little more weight but he hasnt grown much more, he is nearly 19 inches tall. I think he is about done growing almost. Anywho, your lucky to have an aussie pup, they are brilliant dogs.blue dog

Edited by author Tue Jun 3, '08 1:02pm PST

[notify]

MIHKOA -goodbye friends-

FANTASTIC!

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 4:31am PST 
Hi there!!! And welcome!! smile We've fostered 1 deaf little merle girl named Kiwi, and transported 2 little lethal white 3 month old aussie pups for rescue. smile I can say your mom is a very wonderful person for getting you... If it was me I would just make sure you get to the vets and have a lot of tests run to make sure all your insides are functioning normally with no worries. smile Sometimes with the genetic abnormalities of a merle/merle combo can also come with other genetic problems. Id get your hips xrayed, and elbows just in case... and well you already know about the deafness and possibly eye problems. Alot of merle/merles are very healthy happy pups though... so dont worry too much!! Id do the tests more as a precaution than anything. Have fun training!! Its so cool to use hand signals, and stuff... I found the training of a deaf dog to be VERY interesting because it is so different than a hearing dog. Its very cool. Anywho... you are adorable.

OH OH!! And please please please get your pup tested for the MDR1 mutant gene. It is super common in us herding breeds, and basically dogs who have this problem cannot remove toxins from there brains and it makes us go crazy (like too much ivermectin and other drugs that are on the list. The website is www.busteralert.com It is LOADED with information and a link for what to do to get your dog tested. Its SUPER important for all aussies, and the breed as a whole.
[notify]
Abbey

Aussie Tomboy!

Barked: Wed Jul 2, '08 11:27am PST 
I'm four and a half months old, and 37 lbs -- though to be honest, I don' t look all that big. I'm guessing you're going to be little.
[notify]
Colby

mmmmm.....toasty- :)

Barked: Sun Jul 13, '08 8:35pm PST 
Hiya Twilight!

My name's Colby and I personally think your adorable! You have some pretty cool owners for aopting you! I think you just going to be little and thats pretty nifty if you ask me!

happy dance
[notify]
Dutchess

To pretty fur my- fur!

Barked: Fri Sep 19, '08 8:59am PST 
you must be a Lethal White!!
thats moms favorite kind of Aussie, she thinks there amazing! no we haven't had one but would love to get one! there so cute!
[notify]
Joey

Barked: Fri Oct 3, '08 4:35pm PST 
I can honestly say that I have never seen a pure white Aussie. She is adorable. One nice thing about being Merle is you can't see how really dirty I get.
[notify]
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Sat Oct 11, '08 8:37pm PST 
I'm also the product of a double merle breeding! Mom was told my dad was a black tri, but then met my dad when she picked me up (he looks like me!)
[notify]