GO!

Color and webbed feet and a "half tail"?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sadie Spice

Sadie Dadie that- crazy dog

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '08 9:19pm PST 
We adopted an Aussie from a rescue group a couple of weeks ago. Sadie is around 4 months old and is believed to be an Aussie by the rescue folks. I wonder if anyone can shed light on a couple of physical characteristics... we were told that Sadie is a blue merle tri. Does that seem right from teh pictures I have online of her? We ran into a woman who said she thought she's a red merle tri. Hmm... Also, Sadie has webbed toes. Is that typical of an Aussie or do we have an Aussie mix? She also has a tail that's not long or stubbed, and sure seems to point when something gets her attention. She's a curious little girl and I'm hoping to figure out what I really won't ever be able to...is Sadie an Aussie?
[notify]
Bailey Boo

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '08 9:43pm PST 
What a cutie!

I'm thinking a mix of some sort....maybe aussie. Her face doesn't really look aussie to me. Also, her coat maybe reminds me a little of a cattle dog (but again her face doesn't look like one).
[notify]
Pi

My name is Pi- and I'm a belly- rub addict

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '08 2:08pm PST 
First, it would be a blue merle... there is no such thing as a "blue merle tri" and A red merle is what Pi is, your color is a blue merle color.

I agree that she looks like a mix... her coat is short for an Aussie pup. Maybe she is mixed with some type of cattle dog? Either way you are a cutie smile

Edited by author Thu Feb 28, '08 2:10pm PST

[notify]

Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Fri Feb 29, '08 7:51pm PST 
You would be considered a blue merle with copper! You look to be a mix with an Aussie (you have HUGE paws)...it doesn't really matter though...you sure are cute!
[notify]
Joey

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '08 5:12pm PST 
Joey is a blue merle and a mix with a border collie. I'm not too sure about the web feet? I do know that our Joey loves the water. That is one cute little dog you have though, nice rescue, thanks!!!!
[notify]
Jack

Barked: Wed Mar 12, '08 2:30pm PST 
Our Jack has webbed feet also, and we were told by our vet this is a trait of the labrador retriever.
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 9:52pm PST 
You sure are cute!cloud 9 I'll echo what Jack said. You probably got your webbed feet from some Lab blood in you. That probably explains the shorter coat (your ears look a little Laby too). You're super cute though!
[notify]
Pixie

Pixie Stix

Barked: Tue Oct 7, '08 5:24pm PST 
Hi. My pup is very similar looking to yours. We still haven't quite figured out what she is a mix of, though when we adopted her at 7 weeks from the local shelter, they had her listed as a Blue Merle Australian Shepherd mix.

The pic I have is current and she is almost 11 months old in this pic. Her body is larger than what would be expected of an Australian Shepherd, longer legs, and longer body length. Her muzzle is a bit longer than an Aussie and slightly more pointed. One eye is light brown, the other marbled(2/3 brown, 1/3 blue.) Quite interesting markings yet leaving us constantly baffled. Her fur is quite short in some areas, and then very long in other areas such as the haunches, tail, and lower back.

Did you ever find out what breed your pup is?

Does anyone else have any guesses as to what my dog could be mixed with?

Thanks!
[notify]
Sir Dylan

love-ITS MY- FAVOURITE THING!

Barked: Wed Oct 8, '08 6:51pm PST 
Sir Dylan is a red tri. You can see the strong copper and tan with white. Pixie, my guess from looking at your picture is you are mixed with a border collie. The longer hair on the lower back and haunches (we call them pants) are Aussie and BC traits. THe tails could be hairy from the mixing of the two breeds--I have seen bushy tails on Border Collies, but have as yet not seen an Aussie that still had a tial.
[notify]
parley

Barked: Tue Oct 14, '08 4:45pm PST 
i adopted parley from a rescue. she has a blue merle coat. they told me she was border collie aussie shephard. but she has webbed feet and a lab face soo i think she is aussie and lab.what ever sadie spice is she is adorable
[notify]