GO!

Hi Aussies!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 5:34pm PST 
Hi, I'm not a full Aussie but Mom says the lady that gave me to her said I was. Mom says I have too much white on me to be pure. I act like an Aussie though. I took to herding without any direction at all. My Mom and her friends were trying to chase a neighbor's cow back into the fence. I watched for a minute and figured out what they were doing and then I took over. I always kept those cows and the goats down the road where they belonged. Now I live in the city and don't get to herd much, but I'm just as happy running around and swiming and chasing rabbits. I just wanted to stop in and say hi to my cousins!big grin
[notify]
MIHKOA -goodbye friends-

FANTASTIC!

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '07 7:49am PST 
hey there... you may indeed be all aussie. there is a gene for yellow in the aussie lines... and you may have it. smile http://www.ashgi.org/color/yellow_aussies.htm

This is an awesome site... and if you were a merle merle cross you could definately have that much white. smile check out that site, it has alot of info... and you sure are CUTE!
[notify]
Oreo

Oh ee oh wee- oh!!

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '07 11:15am PST 
Since you have blue merle spots you would not be a yellow. Just a blue merle. Also mismarks with lots of white like that can show up in solid crosses also...its not as common though. At least with non-double merle mismarks you dont have to worry about hearing/sight issues.

I dont know about you being full aussie. It is a tough call and probably one that would need an in person meeting to see what you are really built like. At the very least there is a lot of aussie in you though.
[notify]