GO!

Should I get an Aussie?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Angus

Where's Maggie?

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '07 11:00am PST 
Hey,
My pawrents are looking at a Aussie/springer spaniel mix for a sister for me. I'm very energetic, smart & playful.
Would a sister like this make a good match for a boy who should have a job? (That's what Mom says. That I need a job)). Or would two very intelligent, very playful, very energetic 1 year olds just succeed in making an overweight, menopausal Mom twice as crazy?
Thanks,
Angus
[notify]
Rusty

Another barker- at barkleyville!

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '07 2:39pm PST 
Maybe, they are a bit destructive(the aussies) as a pup, they have the teething goin on so they chew on anything, even painted wood. But once they get older they make great family pets and love compaionship wether it be human or other animals, they love doggy friends it makes them so happy and they think they are pups again.
[notify]
Roxie

Princess? Of- Course!

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '07 9:55pm PST 
Roxie is an only dog but she has two cats who keep her busy and she may growl at them but has not tried to nip. Aussies do need things to do or they can get destructive - Roxie's favorite thing as a puppy was to chew the corners of wallsconfused
I think having another dog will give them companionship and hopefully not be so destructive. The biggest thing though would be how you think your dog will handle another one in the family?
[notify]

Ginger

Gingervidus

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '07 3:58pm PST 
Yes I think you should. There great companions! Though when there little they can cause a lot of trouble. Ginger got into no end of trouble until she was 2 years old! You need to give them something to chew on though if you leave the house or they'll chew everything up! You can get one or not im just warning you of what they CAN do.Some might be more mellow then others and some might be more energetic then others too. So just be sure that you pick the right one for you.way to go
[notify]