GO!

Aussie Tails?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Thu May 10, '07 2:52pm PST 
Hey all you aussies! I was just wondering about tails. Are all of ya born without tails, or are they docked when you are born or what?

I'm just really curious BOL
[notify]
MIHKOA -goodbye friends-

FANTASTIC!

Barked: Sun May 13, '07 8:49am PST 
he he he... some of each! some aussies are born with tails, some with natural bob tails, and some without.... thats why theyre docked to keep to one standard... oh that and well we herd, so it would be a real bad day to get our tail stomped on!!
[notify]
Charleston

But digging up- the flower bed- is so fun!

Barked: Mon May 14, '07 11:34pm PST 
Yup, some are born with natural bobs, some are born with full tails, and some are docked at a very young age. Myself, mine was docked, but my sister's is a natural bob. You can tell, too, if you look on the very tips of our tails, I don't have any fur growing there mom assumes because of scarring, but my sister has fur on the entire thing!
[notify]

Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Thu May 17, '07 7:30pm PST 
Hmm that's interesting thinking
Thanks so much!
[notify]
midge

an Aussie- Aussie!!

Barked: Thu May 31, '07 1:46am PST 
In Australia docking was recently banned .. so now there are a lot of 'aussie' aussies with tails

midge's can be seen in full action in her new frisbee video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIj29LFHjOM
[notify]
Sarai

We miss- you- Sarai!-

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '07 10:53am PST 
Some Aussies are born with bobbed tails, the ones that aren't are usually docked.
[notify]
Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '07 7:51pm PST 
I was docked...but I don't miss it a bit!
[notify]
My

Its all chewtoys- to me. And I- love FOOD!

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '08 3:01am PST 
Hi everyone! I'm new here!! I'm only 2 months old and 5 days old.

Im a black bi aussie from Sweeden. My tale is neither short or long, and most definitly not docked! It's not half either, it's actually 1/2 NBT. REALLY cute I tell you! cheer
[notify]
Suzi

Squirrel! Did- you see that- Squirrel?

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '08 8:21am PST 
Hi There. I was really curious about this too so I asked my breeder and she says that Aussie's have the gene for "no" tail. However, some of us are born with really wierd tails (long, short, in-between) so our tails are banded (rubber band) right after we are born and they fall off soon after. I hope this answers your question.....
[notify]
Pi

My name is Pi- and I'm a belly- rub addict

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 2:45pm PST 
"However, some of us are born with really wierd tails (long, short, in-between) so our tails are banded (rubber band) right after we are born and they fall off soon after."

WHAT??? I hope I am reading this wrong... Your breeder puts a rubber band on the dogs tail, then waits for it to "fall off"? If that is what she meant, I can see why so many people have issues with tail docking. That is NOT the way a dogs tail should be docked, a puppy should be taken to the vet (within the very first days of it's life) and the vet will dock it.

For the Original questions, some are born with natural bobs and the rest are docked.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3