GO!

Australian Cattle Dog Mix?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Andi

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 11:09pm PST 
I guess this is a long shot but Andi is just a little mystery as to her mix. She was called a shepherd mix at the shelter, however, i see no german shepherd in her. Some people have said pit mix, though her face somewhat resembles a pit, but other people say no. She probably has lab in her though. I cam across Australian cattle dog and her face has the look. She is very intelligent and learns quick. She is very loyal to me and will follow me every where though she does get bored quick, and then again she is only 6 months. Loves to run and jump around, and she can jump, like a crazy dog, and her energy level at times is very high, I have been considering agility training. She loves most people, barks only at noises and people that she dislikes. She also likes to nip when wanting attention, and it tends to be the feet. Right now she is 30 lbs at 6 months, but I don't know how much bigger she will be, the vet says 60 lbs. I am so curious about what she is yet I am hesitant to spend the money on a DNA test.

Any thoughts, I have been around the forum looking at other breeds, ACD and Chinook come closest to Andi so far. And I doubt I rescued a Chinook puppy.

Edited by author Mon Dec 5, '11 11:11pm PST

[notify]
kai

why are they not- all bowing?

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 10:36am PST 
Honestly i see absolutely no ACD whatsoever, they have some pretty distinctive traits that carry even into a mix. Things like the tickming (spots) face shape etc. If you want some educated guesses go to the forums section of dogster and post some good clear pics in the puppy section with 'breed guesses' in the topic line. Good luck.
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '11 12:29am PST 
She's probably a lab/pit/shepherd. They can look extremely varied and she ticks those boxes in my head.

I'd agree that she's not an ACD mix. Her face and build are all wrong.

Edited by author Wed Dec 7, '11 12:29am PST

[notify]