GO!

Frontline is not working

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Sep 4, '13 9:44am PST 
My 8 month old female akita has very dense fur, and frontline has not been effective. I gave her a bath with flea and tick control shampoo, which I think helped, but I still spotted a flea on her today. Did anyone here run into a similar problem? What did you do to solve it?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Sep 5, '13 6:20am PST 
I personally don't use frontline. I use Advantix II. To make sure it is applied to the skin where it needs to be I wear gloves and move the fur the opposite of the way it grows and make sure I can see the skin before applying it. Please do not use topicals and other flea products together such as flea shampoos,dips,powders,sprays,or collars,you can in fact poison your dog that way and Akitas are very sensitive to drugs and medications and often require smaller than normal doses for their size. Hope this helps and good luck.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Sep 5, '13 6:20am PST 
I personally don't use frontline. I use Advantix II. To make sure it is applied to the skin where it needs to be I wear gloves and move the fur the opposite of the way it grows and make sure I can see the skin before applying it. Please do not use topicals and other flea products together such as flea shampoos,dips,powders,sprays,or collars,you can in fact poison your dog that way and Akitas are very sensitive to drugs and medications and often require smaller than normal doses for their size. Hope this helps and good luck.
[notify]