GO!

Extra coat blowing?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kai

Still even more- to learn.

Barked: Sun Aug 7, '11 6:58am PST 
Is anyone else experiencing either a prolonged shed or extra shed of the undercoat ( Blowing Coat) of their Akita due to the excessive heat and humidity? Both of mine spayed female 5yrs. old (Mika) and neutered male 23mo.(Kai) usually and did blow their coats mid-April to end of May.That is typical here. Now they started a second blowing their coats in mid-July and it is cntinuing. Their normal would be mid-September through October. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?
Mika&Kai's Mom
[notify]
Tyson Savage- CGC

Let's do big dog- stuff!

Barked: Thu Aug 18, '11 8:13am PST 
Yeah actually I am! I was wondering about it....
[notify]
Kai

Barked: Sat Aug 20, '11 8:10pm PST 
Tyson,
Thanks,It's nice to know were not alone.Have you also wondered where all the Akita's and Friends have gone? We really haven't heard from anyone either on the group page or p-mail in months and I know that several people have summers off.
Take care&Keep in Touch,
Mika&Kai

P.S. Don't make Akita soup out of Ty
he'll behave better soon.
[notify]

Tyson Savage- CGC

Let's do big dog- stuff!

Barked: Sun Aug 21, '11 5:36pm PST 
Ty has been behaving much better! Although soup does sound so good...
[notify]
Kai

Barked: Fri Aug 26, '11 10:42am PST 
Soup sounds good here ,too. I think I'll stick to some vegetable or chicken noodle though.
[notify]