GO!

Training help!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sage

I am a life-long- protector!

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '09 6:05pm PST 
Looking for expert advice on Akitas, I am having trouble with my fiance's Akita! Thank you!

Edited by author Thu Jan 29, '09 3:17pm PST

[notify]
Zeus

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 4:22pm PST 
How old is your Akita? I enrolled in puppy obedience training for my Akita when he was only three months old. That turned out to be beneficial today. Also we crate trained our Akita and since he is still a puppy we don't dare leave him wondering the house when we are not home. I am fortunate enough to work only 5 min away so I can go home for lunch to walk him every day.
[notify]
Sage

I am a life-long- protector!

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 7:45pm PST 
She is three-years-old and I do not know what do with her. She has come a long way; however, we have had to child proof our whole house, as she gets into everything! I come home to pots-and-pans outside, dishes around the house and blankets arranged in the middle of the living room as a make-shift bed! I have gone through extensive training with her because she was such a fire ball when she was little, tearing into anything that looked at her wrong, her aggression has been fixed but it took about two years to do so, and I do not know if I have the patience to train her out of her current mischievous ways!
[notify]