GO!

How did your akita act the first time you brought it home?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Thea

B52 bomber- jet!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '07 9:38am PST 
Hey, guys and gals, I am wondering about how your akita acted when you brought it to it's new home?
[notify]
Willow

Come'on im cute- i should get a- treat

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '07 2:52pm PST 
I was very shy except for the main master it took my a little bit time to adjust but settled in quite quickly my master got me a kennel (hate the kennel) I used to escape but the now put clips as well. I was sore and had to be carried (i had just gotten fixed).dog
[notify]
Kona

I CAN FIT UNDER- THAT!!!!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 2:32pm PST 
very confident... until I found out my littermates are not here, niether is grandma, or mom. I got over it in a day or two.lots of walks helped me feel better about my master, but nights were awefully lonely in my kennel (I out grew that and they put me in a new bigger one and when I quiet i get treats)wink
[notify]

Nummy Muffin- Kookoo- Butter

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 11:02am PST 
My little puppy sat against the wall and stared at me the first couple of days, with the most thoughtful look on his face. I swear he was sizing me up, trying to figure out what kind of mess he had gotten himself into! It was hilarious, but also impressed upon me his intelligence. Good thing he decided to stay.
[notify]
Jasmine

Jasmine - "Hip Swinger"

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '08 6:59pm PST 
I kept my tail down and had an accident of the dry kind, I could smell mum on the blanket which was nice, only had the one accident.

Everyone kept quiet and didn't run and shout for the first few days. My new dad slept next to me for the first night and then thankfully let me get some peace and quiet.

He bought me a crate and I kept it clean for him by not using it, I'm the free range type!
[notify]
Parker

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '08 5:36am PST 
Parker was very reserved. He would actually get up and walk away if you started to pet him. He liked having his space and just sleeping and exploring the new place. Eventually he came around and gradually got a lot more playful.
[notify]
Kodi Pie - CGC ESA

Why sit when you- could lie down?

Barked: Fri Feb 29, '08 10:53am PST 
I am hoping Akita mixes are allowed. *grin*

I got Kodi when he was six weeks old (please no yelling, better me than the pound) and he was a bouncy pudgeball (10lbs) from the first moment I put him on the floor. Lucky for me, now he intersperses his moments of frantic activity with hours of naps. My lazy dog.

My Kodi Pie
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Mon Aug 25, '08 11:29am PST 
Are mixes allowed? When we bought Bella home, she was nervous at first but then she met Lucy and became part of the family right away. Maybe a little aggressive but calmed down real fast.
[notify]
neeshu

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '08 2:51pm PST 
neeshu is an akita x so i dont know if her behaviour is even related to her breed.

anyway, we drove her home and she was really brave! no shaking or anything! just looking out the window and sitting on my lap.

she wouldnt go up the stairs to our house so i had to carry her (it was kinda sad to be honest). i put her down at the door and she was very very cautious. it was her first time being away from her litter mates and mom and she had almost no human contact up to this point (we rescued her from the spca). BUT when she turned the corner and saw her bed and toys she was all over it. first she looked at us like "is....this.....mine?" then dove right into her bed. even though shes really independent (as in she entertains herself in positive ways, no chewing or whining or anything) she followed (still does) us around the house. getting her up and down the stairs was a nit tricky but she adapted.
[notify]
Kuma

Who let the dogs- out - Woof Woof WOOF

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 1:39pm PST 
My dad came to pick me up from the airport. I flew into Arizona from Florida! What a long flight! It was delayed by an hour so I was in my crate for over 6 hours. When my dad picked me up, he let me out so I could go potty. I really didn't have to go though, I didn't make it the six hours.
Anyway, he put my crate in the back seat of the truck and then thought about putting me in it for the ride home. I am SSSOOOO glad he decided not to, I guess he felt sorry for me. I ended up riding to my new home on his lap, I was very happy and layed really still so he could drive. We got home and I was scared I would be all alone without my brothers and sisters, but when we went into the house, I found out I had a new family! Tekka is really big and I don't know about him, but Kira is smaller and she likes to play. I became comfortable really fast and found out that Tekka is really the best brother I could have. I still stay really close to my dad when he is home but still have plenty of time to sleep and play.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2