GO!

The first

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

BAMBAM

Barked: Tue Mar 13, '07 10:43am PST 
eek

So I just got my 11 week Akita boy, and he's trying eating everything he can get this hands on. I would love to meet some Akita owners!
Check my pro for piccys.
[notify]
Hershey

I'm sticking my- tongue out at- you!

Barked: Wed Mar 14, '07 2:14pm PST 
I'm atleast 1/2 Akita....most think more. The only "not Akita" trait I have is my coat!! Have fun with puppyhood....I drove Mommy and Daddy crazy! Puppy kindergarden is a must!!
[notify]
Chief

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '07 8:59am PST 
Hi BamBam..

I am an Akita and I just sent you a note to be pup pals. Oh my.. you are a cutie pie. I remember mom telling me that before she rescued me from a shelter two months ago, she had 3 Akitas and now they are in doggie heaven!

RIP, Jakasaki, Kumasaki and Nikki Bear...

Feel free to write anytime!

Paw hugs,
Chief & Mamma Saki..
[notify]

Tupper

'ssshhh, I'm- napping'

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '07 9:53am PST 
Do I look like part Akita to you guys? When my mom and dad took me to the shelter to pick up my new sister, the lady that worked there told them that she thought I looked like part Akita. I am part chow and have a partially black tongue. My dad says I'm a big dope, all I like to do is lay around and sleep all day long! Thanks for any replys... I guess I am lost because I really don't know who(or what) I am. dog
[notify]
Shandi

SHANDI--OUTTA MY- WAY!!!

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 12:03pm PST 
I just went to the vet & she said I look part Akita......I'm also confused to what I am!!!shock
Help!!!!
[notify]
Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 7:33am PST 
Bella would love to be friends with Bambam! He is too cute (and fluffy). Bella is 4 months old, we have her in puppy class, and it's worked as far as socializing her, biting (although we're still working on that from time to time), simple commands. We've also used "bitter apple" when she does bite or chew. You can get it in any pet store. Hope you find this helpful!
[notify]
Brittany

Hello. Allow me- to introduce- myself...

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 8:04pm PST 
My Girl is going to talk
Hey I'M Britt's owner and I love Akitas but my mom wont even think of getting one because she is a breedest racist for dogs and thinks that if one does something they all will help me
[notify]
Reba

Water Hog! Ms.- Athlete!

Barked: Sat May 12, '07 7:36am PST 
As puppies, we chew on everything just about! But once we grow up, we generally stop all that....notice I said "generally"! My brother Toby is an angel....he does nothing wrong other than try to ride me every once in a while and when he does, I just sit down! Ha ha ha! Me on the other hand, I get a little mad when my mom decides to go run errands so I've been tearing up my bed lately. She was laid off from work and now she's home all the time, which I really like! Chewing aside, we are the best and most loyal dogs you would ever want to meet, not to mention smart!
[notify]
Nanuk

Nanuk! King of- the Cuddle- Bears!!

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '07 3:53pm PST 
When Mom would leave for an extended period of time (10 minutes) when I was a pup... I would chew on her shoes. I did grow out of it and went to chewing on her pillow. Now... I'm a good boy and don't chew on anything exept for my own toys. This will pass!
[notify]