GO!

Mentally Naming Other Dogs

This is the place to let your fur down! This forum is for games, sharing fun stories, and just having a good time with your fellow Dogsters!

Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 10:20am PST 
There are some dogs I see around the neighborhood, but I haven't met or chatted with their owners to find out their real names, and I end up with a silly little name in my head for them.

Choco-head is a white dog with chocolate brown spots, except for his solid brown head.

Pigdog is, well, a little guy that I think looks like a cross between a pot-belly pig and a dog (Apologies, but some dogs are so ugly, they're not even so ugly they're cute laugh out loud )

Am I the only one whose mind works this way?
[notify]
Brittany

I always get the- last bark.

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 2:40pm PST 
Nope, I name dogs too. I can't stand not referring to them by something. I also assign them genders because nothing annoys me more that calling a dog (or animal for that matter) "it."

I rescued some chow mixes and had some friends over visiting them, they kept calling the girls "it," kept having to correct them. big grin
[notify]
Ace

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 7:21pm PST 
Yeah, calling a pet "it" always gets to me. It's not like babies - people aren't offended if you ask boy or girl.

On the other hand, we have female dog with a name most would assume is male, and a male with a gender neutral name, so we confuse people laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]

Ace

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 7:21pm PST 
Yeah, calling a pet "it" always gets to me. It's not like babies - people aren't offended if you ask boy or girl.

On the other hand, we have female dog with a name most would assume is male, and a male with a gender neutral name, so we confuse people laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]