GO!

dog speedometer

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Olive

Barked: Tue Feb 23, '10 10:26am PST 
Hi! I am new to Dogster! I am writing because my sister and I are looking into getting into the dog collar gps business. We have whippets and have been looking for a way to track their speed while having fun at the park. The speedometer we are thinking of developing would use gps technology to record your dogs top and average speed. This is meant to be used for fun, and to help owners keep track of their dogs fitness level. Your dog runs at his own will, and the device is small and light weight. I think it would be great fun for anyone with a dog who loves running. GPS technology is not cheap however, and we are concerned that not enough people would be interested in just tracking speed. Wondering if anyone interested would be willing to give us some feedback, would you consider buying a unit like this? How much would you expect to pay? Thanks for your time!
[notify]
Smithy

The Farnham- Flyer!

Barked: Wed May 19, '10 10:43pm PST 
sounds like a really fun idea! myself and friend both have whippets and there is a little competition going about who is faster... (im sure my girl is anyway!) haha but would be great to have that little device to actually see how fast she is..!
[notify]