GO!

He was loved…

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Karamela

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 12:03pm PST 
My neighbor adopted almost 3 months ago a half breed male husky puppy and named it Morty. As my neighbor was leaving the puppy unattended a lot , Morty was spending a lot of time with me. He was practically every day at my house, he was coming for walks with me, I had even started giving him obedience lessons and oh, he was so smart…I had begged my neighbor to keep him in a restricted area instead of having him wonder at the streets alone, but he was always too busy for that.
Last night Morty got hit by a car and died. I cannot stop crying. I tried to find out more information, but all I got was a rude reply that they do not want to talk about it. I don’t even know where his body is. My heart is so heavy. I don’t know what to do, I spend all day wondering ‘what if’. I feel like I’ll never get a closer.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 1:16pm PST 
hughughughughughug

Pleae dont think "what if"... think ... I DID .....

You DID love him

You DID help him

You DID care.

His life was so much the better for you being in it...

He had a set time on this mortal coil... and maybe it was to help you.. to show you ... to teach you....

He has done his job... he is now running on to the next big BIG Adventure.

Come the day come the hour he will come back to you in dreams. Maybe its leading to a new path.. a new beginning for you too.

Celebrate his LIFE.. grieve as you must.. but never forget the smiles and the joy.

The idiot neighbour... sounds like guilt to me. You cant mend "stupid" Maybe they too have finally learned something.

Hold you head up high.. the body is only the shell... not needed on the Voyage.

The paw prints on your heart will never fade.. and just maybe are the seeds of a different way forward.

Sail On Calm Seas and Fair Winds Morty... were were and always will be much loved

hughughughughughug

Edited by author Sun Jun 9, '13 1:16pm PST

[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 1:44pm PST 
Flicka said exactly what I would say but better. It's sad and horrible that they had to learn the exact lesson you tried teaching them. Now it's Morty that paid the price. I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

I also want to say you are a a wonderful person for taking the time with Morty...that in itself is something special cloud 9hughughughug
[notify]

Cleo (In- Memory)

One day Postman- ... one day !

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 8:54pm PST 
My Cleo will look after him...

Just hang in there.

hughugrainbowrainbowlittle angellittle angel
[notify]
Misha- (R.I.P.- 4/29/13)

Play or hide?! I- dunno... @_@

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 10:55pm PST 
So so sorry... you tried so hard. He was very loved, without you his life would have been nothing but loneliness and feeling lost. You taught Morty that people can be kind and caring, and he was so much happier for it. We don't always choose our dogs, sometimes they choose us.

You did everything you could to try and prevent what happened... frown hug
[notify]
Karamela

Barked: Mon Jun 10, '13 1:18am PST 
Thank you all so much for your warm replies. It helps feeling understood as there are not a lot of people in my life that I can talk about it. It’s still all very raw and I find myself in anger and denial. This morning my foster dog was waiting for Morty to come and join us in our walk. That broke my heart all over again. I’m not stranger to loss, but they way that it all went down is so unfair and stupid. At this point I cannot even look at my neighbors without having to fight the urge to punch them in the face.
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Mon Jun 10, '13 7:24am PST 
I am so sorry, this makes my heart sad. Please don't feel guilty. You did everything you could to save Morty and I'm sure he enjoyed the time he spent with you. Fly free sweet Morty! little angel

If you need someone to talk to please feel free to pawmail me. hug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Jun 10, '13 6:45pm PST 
Karamela Mum...

(posting as Flicka not Cleo)

Each time is different... each time a part of our heart goes with them.

There are many here who will listen and talk with you... Annie Mum offered.. I also do.. and I am sure others too.

Dont look for fairness.. there is none. Look for the way up...... and his life IS that... he gave you something.. just go with it.. if you can just "educate" one person in your lifetime.. the debt is paid in full.

Hard as it may be.. ignore the idiots next door. Fighting them just puts you in the wrong

I have my own special "virtual lime pit" it save me from being up on murder charges !

SEE the way forward... your foster is certainly that.

Make the bad become good.... The alchemists used to try and turn base metal to gold.. YOU suceeded...

Now heal...

You can pmail any one of us,

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Flicka ∆,,∆ & Lucas /..| Cleo (I.M.) ∆,,∆ & Pam X
[notify]
Tyson

Two-Time Cancer- Survivor!

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 10:27am PST 
So sorry for your loss and the hurt you feel. Nice to know I am not alone it having to take responsibility for neighbors' pets. Some times I don't understand why people even get them!

Flicka said it just about perfectly. You enriched his life! You gave him love he was not getting at home. I know your heart is breaking and for that, I am truly sorry.
[notify]
Jackson

Futuristic Bow- Wow

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 10:19pm PST 
Flicka said it perfectly! I feel so bad for all the dogs who fall into the hands of the wrong people. But you did the right thing, and I'm sure he's gonna be looking down at you, and not your neighbor smile and he'll be telling all the other doggy angels what a great life he had with you!
[notify]