GO!

Lost my baby

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 9:01pm PST 
Lost my darling little shih tzu Denver yesterday. I am beside myself with grief as is the rest of my family. Denver was initially my dog but quickly became a family pet spoiled rotten by every family member. Three years ago he started having nosebleeds and often looked miserable...many trips to two different vets brought us to the conclusion that he had a tumor inside his nasal cavity and there was little that could be done. Our vet being the amazing person she is recommended treatment that would help keep him comfortable and for a long time he looked as though he were getting so much better. Lately though he'd taken a turn for the worst and one week ago today he went 100% blind overnight. The doctor thinks the tumor may have been pressing on the nerves etc. of the eyes. Along with the blindness he was crying in his sleep and completely lethargic. He was bleeding from his nose and bleeding when he went potty. It was a horrible decision the worst Ive ever had to make but yesterday we had him put to sleep. I'm beyond devestation as is my family especially my little sister and dad. I feel horrid. I miss his little face. The sound of his little paws running down the hall. The big eyes staring at me. I'm so plagued with guilt that maybe I didn't do enough or that I made the wrong decision by euthanizing him. I feel guilty for any time I complained about having to do something for him when I was tired or had a hard day at work. I don't know how to get through this. I know logically that he's no longer suffering but I'm so devestated... My heart and my head are no where near in sync.
[notify]
Brisbee

12/25/95 to- 11/18/2012

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 12:56pm PST 
hughugcryhug
[notify]
Angel

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 4:56am PST 
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your beloved pet. It is never easy to let go. They are family members to us. Just remember you have lots of people that grieve for your loss, including myself. I just lost my 15 year old keeshond yesterday, but still want to console those grieving. Please message me if you would like to. Tell me about your dog, let it all out. Thank you.
[notify]

Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 4:45am PST 
YOu can't feel guilty...it is normal to feel that way but everything you describe, even through the guilt, sounds like you made the decision for your baby. That's the most unselfish thing we can do. We are praying for you and your family

hughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]