GO!

Should I get my dog put down?

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 1:36am PST 
What happens when my dog gets put down?

Edited by author Wed Aug 15, '12 10:37am PST

[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 5:14am PST 
don't understand what you mean...what happens? shrug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 7:48am PST 
I too need more information to answer your question,and also why do you feel you need to put the dog down? Just curious.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 3:04pm PST 
What kind of emotions,feelings,where to bury him. As my dog tends to run out in front of cars,and if he is injured we will have to put him down. Has not happend yet thankfully.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 6:32pm PST 
Im not a troll,I am asking because I have never had an animal die before.The dog is my first pet.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 9:38pm PST 
so to humor you then,

1) put your dog on a leash so he doesn't run out into the streets.
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 3:01am PST 
Only you will know how you would feel if your dog dies, everyone responds differently to the death of a pet. I would be crushed if Natasha had to be euthanized because I was too lazy to train her not to run in front of cars. The blame would be 100% mine alone and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

I think you need to post in Behavior and Training to find ways to train your dog not to run in front of cars, instead of waiting for the inevitable to happen. Putting your dog on a leash anytime it's outside is the first and most obvious step.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 6:56am PST 
You have been given some good advice by both Natasha and Lillith. Putting your dog on a leash or tether is the first thing you need to do,then you need to reevaluate if you should even have a dog. Should it get hit,injuries are often treatable,if you can't afford the treatment then you really need to consider wether or not you can afford to have a dog at all.
Did you consider before getting a dog that they,too have needs?
Proper care,food training,socialization,vet care,immunizations to prevent major illness? Did you plan for and budget for this? Do you put aside money each week or payday to cover routine care as well as emergency care if necessary? Were you prepared for the fact that the dog would require time and energy as well as effort on your part to be properly trained and socialized?
Are you aware that proper care and training are a lifelong responsibility when you get a pet and require a commitment from you to provide them for the life of the pet before you bring it home? If not,you need to protect the dog by keeping it from being able to run in front of cars while you seriously consider these things,then if you discover that you are unable to provide them,you need to rehome the dog with someone who is prepared,willing and commited to providing what is best for the dog,not preparing for how you might feel when the dog dies from being hit by a car. Just my 2 cents.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '12 8:18am PST 
I have had dogs for over 40 years and I have NEVER had one die from being hit by a car. I atribute this to TRAINING and keeping my dog on a leash until it is trained.
It really scares me to think that your major thought with owning a dog is what to do when he dies from being hit... there is ever so much more to owning a pet.
I do hope he is receiving regular veterinary care and, especially vaccinations. Dying from a preventable disease is even MORE likely than dying from being hit in the road, especially if your dog is still young, and this will not be an easy death for your pet.
I would strongly suggest you get your dog and yourself enrolled in a good obedience training class and hopefully, you will also learn more about safe handling and care for your pet!!!
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '12 10:22am PST 
Lilleth. laugh out loud laugh out loud laugh out loud I wonder how old the OP is. Seems like a post made by a very young kid.
[notify]
(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3