GO!

Hemangiosarcoma

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Zoey ( in- loving- memory)

There is not a- doorway I can't- block.

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 9:27am PST 
My lovely dog Zoey is dying. Last week she suddenly had trouble walking. Since she is 13 1/2 we thought it was her arthritis. The vet found a large abdominal growth that hadn't been there 4 months earlier. Tests showed it to be a tumor on her spleen and possible it had spread to her liver.

She has these really good days and is walking and still eating and then bad days last night where she can't walk and looks wild eyes. Pain meds help. In the week since she was diagnoses she has dropped a lot of weight. It is shocking how fast the weight is coming off.

The vet wants to do surgery but says it won't cure her so we have decided not to do it. I hope when I am her age and had a incurable cancer someone will speak for me and keep me comfortable.

Zoey is still thumping her tail and begging for treats. The time we have with her is short and we giving her all our attention. And with broken hearts we know with in the next day or 2 we will be calling the vet.

The grandchildren all wrote her letters about what she has done that made her so special to them. We plan to put them in a Japanese lantern and fly them up the Rainbow bridge to greet her. We have all shed thousands of tears and will shed thousands more. But she was worth every single second we were blessed to have her.
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 11:11am PST 
hughughughughughughug to give you strength!
So very sorry!
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 7:23pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear about Zoey is having problems....cry

Thoughts & Prayers
Thor...
[notify]

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 8:31pm PST 
So sorry to hear about Zoey hug's to you and your family. It's wonderful that the grandchildren wrote their thoughts down. Zoey is loved by many - you can tell.
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 3:05am PST 
hughughughughughug
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Sun Aug 5, '12 1:10pm PST 
I'm so sorry...it's obvious how much she is loved. I love the idea with the children. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers and know each day is a gift.

hughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Zoey ( in- loving- memory)

There is not a- doorway I can't- block.

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 1:30pm PST 
Zoey went to the rainbow bridge today.little angel
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 4:30pm PST 
You have our deepest sympathies on your loss.little angelrainbow" Fly Free Zoerainbowlittle angel
I think what you did to include the grandchildren to express their love and grief is a wonderful tribute to Zoe. Yes,there will be sadness and I'm certain many many more tears,know that she is in a far better place free of pain and suffering. Try as you had the grandchildren do to focus on th love that you gave to each other and the amazingly joyful life you shared. Her journey here may be over but a new one will begin,which you can not be part of until it is your time.hughughughughughughughughughughughug to all of you in this time of grief and loss. May you all find your own peace.
[notify]
Nakita Mae- Angel Girl

Live to dock- dive!

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 10:06pm PST 
Oh Zoey, so very sorry. Hemangiosarcoma is horrible, we lost our beautiful Nakita Mae to hemangio in April, 13 weeks from the terrible diagnosis, it all started with a tiny, very non-descript bump on her rear leg. We were in complete shock when the biopsy came back with the dreaded hemangio diagnosis. As a Vet Tech I knew the prognosis, I was devastated.
I will tell Nakita to be sure to meet Zoey, I am sure they will become wonderful Angel friends with beautiful wings.
It just tears up our hearts and our homes become very quiet without our wonderful pups, but I am sure Zoey is there with you and knows just how much she is loved.
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 7:01am PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss hug

Fly free sweet Zoe little angel

Hugs and kisses at this sad time,

Rocky, Dexter and our human, Lauren x
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2