GO!

Still can't get over it!

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 7:13am PST 
Rex we do know and understand. It will take time,but if you keep your heart and mind open,Rex will lead you to another who needs you,that you need as well and you will know it when you just click instantly.
I'm sure all of our pups are at the bridge having a good time and preparing for when it is our time to join them and we can all be together again and happy.hughughughug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 7:16am PST 
For Everyone who posted. I know the support of others made me smile for a minute remembering the happy time and all the good things Mattie and I shared as well as the wonderful lessons they taught us all,we hope,even if it was with a small tear in the corner of your eye,you did as well.
[notify]
Rex

Give me pig ear- and no one gets- hurt!

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 11:41am PST 
MIKA&KAI, thank you soo much. flowers
I guess I have some days where it's really hard for me, harder then other days. The day that I wrote this was really hard, because it would have been his birthday. I felt better after writing about it and I hope that one day I will find another dog for me.
Rex and I had some great time together and he will always have a special place in my heart.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 4:48pm PST 
Rex that will always be so. I can get through most days now without tears and just remember how wonderful my Mattie was,but even with Mika and Kai here I still have days when I just can't help but miss her terribly,and even I still cry at her loss and it has been more than 5 years. Mika and Kai however brought back so much of the joy that was missing in my life after Mattie left us. Mika took away the deafening silence of not having a pup in the house and gave me something to focus on besides my grief but it was not until Kai came into my life that the joy truly returned. I believe that Mattie knew the time was right and I was in the right place in my life to be able to give him what he needed and he has taught himself from a very early age to give me what I need. I think Mattie whispers in his ear and advises him. This is a good place to post when times are hard and you miss them too much to bear because there are so many who have gone through it,know and understand the pain,and are more than willing to offer a kind word,a hug,or share their own story and cry with you,as well as celebrate the wonderful things having them brings to our lives.hughugwishes
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 3:06am PST 
hughughughughughug
[notify]
Rex

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 3:51am PST 
I am so happy for you! It brings back hope that maybe one day I will achieve the same as you did with Mika and Kai! Yeah, I hate the silence. I am sure Mattie came back to you in the form of Kai. smile I can see that he(and Mika) make you very happy!
And I sometimes feel a little "evil" because I don't want nothing to do with the new dog. Well it's not that i don't want to, but I just can't seem to bond with her. You know, the first time I saw her, she reminded me a little of him. Just the way she looked. But she is a completely different dog! He was always calm, he was a therapy dog and she is just all over the place! My dad said to me that he thinks that Rex had to leave us because Lisa(the new dog) had to find a home. We rescued her from the streets, she was in terrible condition.
I think about him every single day and I hope he is waiting for me somewhere.
Thank you so much for your lovely words Mika&Kai, I needed that! It's so nice to know that there are people who understand me and don't think I'm silly because he was "just a dog".
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 7:46am PST 
Rex, one thing that has helped me is knowing that no other dog can take that spot in my heart that Jax has. My heart is big enough to allow room for another dog. Kali & Koby have their special places, and when they are gone, I will find room for another dog. I'm not replacing Jax, I'm just making more room for a dog that needs a good home. Hope that helps. hug
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 9:31am PST 
Rex, my vet said that Freeway held on until she knew I would be ok without her. After all these years I still have days when I miss her desperately. I swore I never wanted another dog. But I believe she knew better and sent Sabi to get me through the next stage in my life.
As others have said it doesn't really go away but it does get better. Now I remember the good times with a smile. I may have a tear in my eye but I no longer dissolve in a puddle of tears at the mention of her name.
You will get through this.
hughughughughughughug to you and all the others.
[notify]
Rex

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 2:22pm PST 
Thank you so much! I think I just need more time. I'll try to open my heart for the new dog my parents got, she deserves it. One day, I hope, I will be sharing wonderful moments with another dog, just like I did with Rex.

hughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 8:43pm PST 
Rex- None of them is ever "just a dog" they are family. I love Mika dearly but she is not mine. I took care of her,fed her,raised her,trained her and gave her what I could but my grief and pain kept me from having the ability to bond with her the way I did Mattie. Kai is alot like Mattie but he is not her and I do not expect him to be,I want him to be Kai. No dog will ever replace Mattie as Jax said,they each make their place in your heart that is theirs and theirs alone,but your heart grows to make room for one more,and there is always room for one more. In your own time when you are ready the one that is intended to make a new place in your heart and Rex will let you know when that one you need who needs you comes along...
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3