GO!

Still can't get over it!

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Rex

Give me pig ear- and no one gets- hurt!

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 4:37pm PST 
So, it has been about 9 months since my dog, Rex, passed away.
Rex was my first dog. I grew up with him. He was this gorgeous appenzeller with the most beautiful eyes ever. So time passed by and I grew up so I moved to my own place and Rex stayed with my parents. But I visited them quite often, to be with him.
Rex got sick. He had a tumor that had to be removed. He was recovering and he was doing pretty good actually. I thought he was going to make it. I went to visit him every single day. I wanted to be with him as much as i could, because I thought he would get better quicker. So, the day he had to go to the vet, just for cheek up, I couldn't come, because I was out of town for a job. And then, I get this text from my dad that they had to put him down. It kills me that I didn't had the chance to say goodbye.
Very soon after this, my parents adopted a dog from a shelter. They told me they couldn't bare to live without a dog. I'm not blaming them, my dad loved Rex SO MUCH and so did my mom. But it hurts like hell when I see my dad playing with Lisa(the new dog) the same way he did with Rex. His bowls and his leash are now hers. Now, don't get me wrong, she is a sweet, loving dog, but I just.. My parent moved on I think, but I just can't. I can't even look at a picture of him without bursting into tears.I miss him. So, so much. And it's been almost a year!
He would have been 13 this week.

I miss you Rex. I truly, deeply, madly miss you.

Edited by author Wed Aug 1, '12 4:58pm PST

[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 6:29pm PST 
We all know how you feel. Dogs / Pets become family members in every sense of the word. I'm sorry you lost your good friend. We all miss the ones we lose and there is always one that sticks out in our memories that was the one that held a special place in our hearts. MIne was Jax.hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughugrainbow
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 7:31pm PST 
Rex-hughughughughughug
Jax-hughughughughughugway to go
Mine was my Mattie.frown
[notify]

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 8:15pm PST 
Rex hughughug
Jax hughughug
M&K Mattie hughughug
Mine was Turner hughug Grunt uses his bowl holder and that's it, I changed the bowls however.
We do understand. But we also understand the loneliness of not hearing paws padder down the hallway hug
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 9:26pm PST 
Rexhughughughughughug
Jaxhughughughughughug
M&Khughughughughughug
Turnerhughughughughughug
Mine was Freeway, its been 13 years and I still cry when I think about her. I was without a dog for 2 years after she died and it was the most horribly lonely time of my life.
No one can tell you what to feel or for how long but know that Rex would not want you to be lonely.
I hope they are all keeping each other company at the bridge.
[notify]
Rex

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 2:48am PST 
I think about him every single day. He was such a wonderful boy and he taught me so much. He taught me about patience, loyalty and the most important thing - he taught me how to forgive. I'm so thankful to have had him in my life. Thank you to everyone of you for your kind words, makes me feel better that other people understand what I'm talking about.
I am sure that Rex, Jax, Mattie and Turner are playing together and having so much fun!

hughughughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 4:23am PST 
To everyone that posted here......hughughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 7:56am PST 
Rex, in time you will start to think about the fun and good times. Focus on them when they come. Think of all that you have learned by sharing life with Rex and most of all breathe flowershug
[notify]
Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 7:59am PST 
Rex-hughughughughug
Jax-hughughughughug
Mattie-hughughughughug
Fr eeway-hughughughughug

I'm lucky. I don't remember the last time we lost a dog in this family. I was too young. I have no clue what to do if anything would happen to mine & my family's. Enjoy them while they're here, right?dog
[notify]
Rex

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 2:01pm PST 
Thank you so much on the kind words! flowers
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3