GO!

The most awful ending I could imagine

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Freyja

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '12 9:42pm PST 
I just got off the phone with my sister, and am now bawling my eyes out. She and I are very close, and so are our dogs. My sister has two dogs- a two year old lab mix named Bo and a 6 month old hound mix named Basil. My sister and her husband adopted both of these dogs and have provided both of them with wonderful, loving homes.
This evening, my sister took her two dogs for a walk. One of the people who lives on her block owns two pitbulls who have not been cared for or trained and have lived each day chained up outside the house. I guess these two dogs got loose and chased my sister, Bo, and Basil down the street. One of the dogs attacked Bo, and in the commotion, Basil broke free of his leash to defend his brother and to chase off the other dog. At that moment, a car raced around the corner, and Basil was hit. The car did not stop. Basil died there in my sister's arms, while her husband wrestled the pitbull off Bo.
I am so devastated for my sister and her husband. I cannot even begin to imagine what a traumatic experience this was for everyone involved, not to mention the physical damage Bo and my sister's husband sustained. I do not blame the pitbulls and neither does my sister- they were simply prisoners to their irresponsible raising. But no dog or person deserves this fate. My heart aches for them, and I know that there is nothing I can do to make this better.
Rest In Peace, Sweet Basil. You will always be loved and remembered.
[notify]
Harmony

Happy and HYPER!

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '12 9:59pm PST 
my god, i am so sorry for your sisters and your loss. i remember the dog i had growing up, he died after getting during the divorce or my father and step-mother. he was hit by a car and died a few hours later in the vet hospital. that dog was my best friend but now i firmly believe he has been reincarnated to be with me again as my dog Harmony. i know that he will always be apart of my life in one form or another. i am sure your sister will meet her dogs soul once more.
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 12:47pm PST 
o my dogeekeekeekeek
as a fighter against bsl laws,this shows again that it is bad ownership that hurts everyone
why don't darn raise their big fighting breed the proper way(growling)
don't get dogs like that unless you can raise them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my deepest deepest condolances...
i'm am deeply hurt by yet an other bad owner that did damage to this extend.
i'm so so so sorry for the losscrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry
[notify]

Baylee

My Baylee- forever <3

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 9:18am PST 
frown I'm so sorry!
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 1:14pm PST 
Oh no, the poor puppy. frown Our thoughts and prayers to you and your sister and brother in law.
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 6:15pm PST 
I have no words..........hughughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 6:55pm PST 
So sorry for your family's tragedy. I could never imagine how difficult this is on all of you especially your sister and her husband. You all have our deepest sympathies.hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]