GO!

Harley

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 3:51am PST 
Don't know why I'm writing here, think I'm just looking for a group who understands how hard it can be.

My 1 year old bullmastiff, Harley, died last Friday.

I had only owned him for 5 months, he had been mistreated when I got him, and wasn't in great shape, scared and nervous.

After a couple of months he had become more confident, put on weight so he was a healthy dog again. He was so loving, all he wanted was to be close to myself and my girlfriend.

He was infallibly trusting, of us, of our friends, of everyone he met. Everyone who met him loved him.

Then last friday he was left in the hallway with all the doors to other rooms closed as normal, with his toys, bowl, bed etc, while I walked my girlfriend to the railway station.

While I was out, he shouldered his way into the spare bedroom (presumably to lie on the bed), where the window was open. We think a pigeon or something landed on the window sill and he jumped at it to chase it.

When I got home I found him in the garden below, still and cold. It is breaking my heart so much to not have him around.

The fact that it was such a freak accident makes it worse, it just makes it seem so senseless that my lovely pup could have died through such an unlucky event.

I miss everything about him, from his dribbling all over anything he rested his big silly head on, to when he came to sit at my feet, leaning back to look at me and lick my face.

I really can't bear having him gone. My place seems empty and off without him. Again, just knowing it was a freak accident makes it worse, I could of understood him being hit by a car etc.

I feel silly because I'm a grown man, but I loved that silly boy so much, I can't pull myself together, all I want is to see him again.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 7:27am PST 
RIP Harley hug Know that even though he was abused before you got him, you loved him and gave him a happy and wonderful life...
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 7:36am PST 
So sorry for your loss. Please do not blame yourself. That is why they are called accidents. I lost my Mattie over 5 years ago and still wish at times we could have just one more day. When they touch your heart and become part of your life and your world I don't know that that feeling ever goes away.Things are much better for me now and I have 2 beautiful pups who are wonderful and fill my life with joy but they are not her,nor can she ever be replaced. There are alot of things Mattie did that still make me laugh and at times I laugh through tears.hughughughughughughughughughughughug to comfort you in your loss. Know it will get better and there are many here who have lived through the loss of a beloved dog who understand and share your pain and will be here to help in whatever way we can. R.I.P. Harley.
little angelrainbow "Fly Free Harley"rainbowlittle angel

Know as well Harley is looking down from the bridge watching over you and waiting for your time to be with him again but wants you to be happy and know joy again in the meantime.
[notify]

Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 7:37am PST 
dont feel silly. there is nothing wrong with the way you feel.

I am sorry for the sudden, tragic loss of your friend
I know it doesnt make it easier, but he came to the bridge loved,and it sounds like thats better then he would have if not for you
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Tue May 29, '12 1:28am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]