GO!

RIP..Rilee rae. wondering is it my fault???

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Tonka

Tonka Truck

Barked: Wed May 23, '12 9:36am PST 
cry On Thursday may 10th, i took my Rotti Mix to the vet for hip problems...the vet gave her meds and sent her home...Friday she seemed fine when i got home..then BAM..saturday moring she acted funny, i called the vet and explained what was going on...she thought it was just the meds making her sleepy and cut the dose back. WELL come sunday morning she was in the same spot , hadnt moved for 12 hourscry i called the vet on call and he had me bring her in..come to find out she had no use of three of her legs and we had to put her to sleep!had a stroke! I felt so terrible that i made her suffer all thru saturday night...cryIt was my worse Mothers day EVER!!!! She was only 8 yr and she went everywhere with me..i feel so lost without her...i keep wondering if i had never taken her in to the vet on that fateful thursday, would she still be here today?
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Wed May 23, '12 3:26pm PST 
you did what you thought was best for your baby. a stroke can not be predicted or avoided. it was just going to happen. Rilee knows how much you loved her.

angel feather kisses to you
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Fri May 25, '12 1:31am PST 
my first thought is,why did the vet not wonder?
a vet must say if you don't trust it bring her in.
my vet always said that...
even when he knew quite sure it were meds or an innocent issue,he would always say to me...
if you don't feel good about it,bring them in and i will take a look at them ...
talk to your vet...and ask him or her why he or she did not say that...a door always should be open and a vet should never look at your pet thru the phone.
so no it think the vet should have said bring her in...it's not your fault
a lot of people just do what a vet says thru a phone.shrug
i did it with my boxer once,even when my heart said he was ill,i listened to a new vet girl said..awhhh it's nothing...
two days later he was almost dad...
that's how i learned to listen to my heart and not a vet on a phone
i learned the hard way
[notify]

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat May 26, '12 7:39am PST 
Well we all doubt ourselves after the fact. My first lab died from a stroke, and I will always remember the way she looked at me before I left for work. She had been fine, and then she was gone.

Don't blame yourself. Your baby loved the life you gave her.
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Sat May 26, '12 3:37pm PST 
Do not beat yourself up wondering about "what if's". Strokes are unpredictable. I would not blame you or your vet. Do be glad you had eight years with her, and remember her for how she was in life. hughughughug
[notify]