GO!

The Time Has Come

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed May 2, '12 4:30pm PST 
First, the anger and guilt will diminish, then, those feelings of happiness you mentioned will slowly overcome the deep, hollow feeling in your heart, BUT, not without giving yourself time to give in to the anger and the guilt and the heartbreak. It is all part of the healing, and it all must be dealt with and it all takes time... how much time no one can say, but it's different for everyone.
Do not apologize for your grief nor try to hide it... it is part of the healing and those of us who have also lost understand and feel your pain.
Then, you will be okay, except for those times when, for no reason at all, a certain smell or the feel of the breeze on your face or a particularly bright sunset will once again remind you of your loss and you will mourn again. I believe these are the spirts of our beloved dog checking in to make sure we are okay...we are NOT yet okay so we sob again, but each time is more cleansing and allows us to have more room for the great memories to prevail.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 9:48am PST 
The grief can be overwhelming at times. Many of us here on dogster know and feel your pain and grief. The unconditional love for Nina to end her suffering. I think many times we second guess ourselves or make ourselves feel guilty because we made the decision for them to let go. It will take time. I hope and pray that you can remember the good times with Nina...her love for you and vice versa. In the beginning of our loss, we tend to focus/obsess on the end and not on their entire life. Nina was very lucky to be loved so much by you

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2