GO!

My Dear Friend I will always love you and miss you.

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Kilo

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 7:23pm PST 
I had to put my beloved furchild Kilo to sleep on Monday 2/27/12 and the pain seems to be there constantly. All I can think about is him and his fantastic personality. At the same time my grief is met with guilt of all the things I should have done, such as take him on more rides with me or gave him more table food before he died. Although I knew it was coming for well over a year it is more difficult than I could have imagined.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 8:53pm PST 
so sorry for your loss.hug It is always difficult even when you know it is coming,that doesn't make it easier. Give yourself time to grieve for him,cry,rant,rave,write,whatever makes you feel better at the moment. Don't listen to those who say,"Get over it,he was just a dog"
He was not he was a very special friend,trusted companion and confidant and always on your side,and by your side. Few people are that loyal. Don't regret either. You did what you could and in the end you did the kindest and most selfless act you could,you ended his suffering. There are many here who have had to make the choice you did,many with less than 24 hours to make it. Know that he loved you and you loved him and there are many here who will be here to offer any comfort we can as you move through your grief. You need only post to ask for help. This site in this forum,I can guarantee there are so many who know and understand your pain.hughughughughugto you.

rainbowlittle angel "Fly Free Kilo"little angelrainbow

Kilo is watching over you from the other side of the bridge and we are here to help make sure you are okay until it is time for you to make your journey to join him.

Mika,Kai& Mommy Pam
[notify]
Kilo

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 9:07pm PST 
Thank-you so much for your kind words they truly mean a lot to me. It means a lot to me that I found a place like this to find a place to be comforted.

Me and my wife have been together for 16 years and for 14 years we were lucky enough to have him in our lives and I am thankful for that. It's the should of and could of's that are killing me right now. It was too painful for me to stay while they put him to sleep although the vet offered it I was unable to do it now I am stricken with the guilt of not being there in his last moments and he was left with strangers. Although he was pretty much out of it anyway it still hurts me that I was not there for him in those final moments.
[notify]

Kilo

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 9:38pm PST 
I also feel very guilty for getting another dog a Chihuahua 2007 so Kilo was 9 years old at that time and although Kilo loved him and protected him the little lapdog started getting more and more attention especially after he had (the Chihuahua) had his leg amputated. I feel that I may have not showed as much attention to Kilo as I did the new dog although I tried to make a concerted effort not to.

Now I am worried that I am going to start treating the surviving brother differently because of the guilt I feel
[notify]
Arthur

Life without a- dog, is no life- at all

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 3:14am PST 
Dogs love unconditionally.
They love loyally and without judgment or bias.
Have no guilt. Your furchild died in loving arms, having known joy and security.
Have no guilt, it is a wasted emotion.
Celebrate your dog who waits for you at Rainbow Bridge

RAINBOW BRIDGE

By the edge of a wood, at the foot of a hill
is a lush, green meadow where time stands still
Where the friends of man and woman do run
when their time on earth is over and done

For here, between this world and the next
is a place where each beloved creature finds rest
On this golden land they wait and they play
till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness
for there they are whole, their lives filled with gladness
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed
their bodies have healed with strength imbued

They romp through the grass, without even a care
until one day they start, and sniff at the air
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack

For just at that instant, their eyes have met
together again, both person and pet
So they run to each other, these friends from long past
the time of their parting is over at last

The sadness they felt while they were apart
has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever
and then, side-by-side
they cross over…. together

at Rainbow Bridge
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 4:52am PST 
hughug

A wee poem for you....

""I have sent you on a journey....not because I did not love you....but because I loved you too much to force you to stay....""

hughugDogspeedhughug
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 6:01am PST 
Rest In Peace Kilo...you sounded like a great friend & companion..cry

Thoughts & Prayers
Rommel & Thor...rainbow
[notify]
Precious

I am a mighty- lion.. Hear me- Roar!

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 7:29am PST 
I am sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace Kilohug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 7:37am PST 
Please let the guilt go. There is really no purpose in it but to torture yourself. Kilo knew you loved him and he loved you. That is all that mattered. You did the best you could and if you knew you couldn't be there at the very end,then it was probably best you weren't. Don't worry about treating your other dog differently,so what if you do. Just live each day as it comes,with no regrets. I'm certyain that Kilo felt that each day of the many happy years you spent together was a blessing as they certainly were. I have gone through the loss of a beloved pet more than a few times and my last 2 did die in my arms with the help of our vet. Yet here I am with 2 more knowing that I will most likely suffer the same pain you are going through now yet again,and without regret,I will do it again because the blessing of having the joy and companionship I get while they are with me and living each day in whatever way we choose is worth what will come later. As you have now seen there are many here who know your pain and will be here to help.hughughugwishes
[notify]
Kilo

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 1:41pm PST 
Again I would like to thank everyone for their kind words they are very encouraging. hug hug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3