GO!

My boy Merlin

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 3:26pm PST 
Fly free sweet Merlin! little angel

My heart is broken for you and your Daddy! Like most people here on Dogster, I understand exactly what you are going through. You will need to grieve in your own way and for as long as you need to. We did that, too, and then we adopted the sweetheart we have today. There must have been a purpose as to why we were led to her, I don't quite understand it, but she has brought joy back into our lives when I thought that wasn't possible. She needed us and we needed her. I don't know how else to explain it. Anyway, we are all here to help you through this. hug

Edited by author Sun Jan 1, '12 3:27pm PST

[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 2:21am PST 
i'm so sorry
fly free merlin
[notify]
Merlin (In- loving- memory)

Isnt it- breakfast/- lunch/dinner- time yet

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 10:41pm PST 
I'm starting to accept that Merlin has gone and I know he didn't want me to be sad. I owe that boy so much, I owe him my life and that's no exaggeration. He and I were so close from the beginning, he was never far from my side, unless he was helping his mum in the garden dig up weeds. But if I called him, he'd come running with such a proud look on his face.

Thank you all once again for your kind support.

Merlin's Dad
[notify]

Rowan

bark first, ask- questions later

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 7:45am PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Shep/Husky mix, Rowan on Dec 17. He was by my side for 14 years. It hurts to see our back yard or our family room without him. The first ten days after he died were the worst. As a friend told me, at first every time you think of him you will cry and your heart will hurt. Gradually you will be able to think of him and a sweet memory of how he was when he was healthy will come into your mind. Just hold on to those good memories, in his honor, and the pain will ease--a little. As my five year old says, our dog's body is not alive anymore, but his heart still feels our love.
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 12:21pm PST 
you did what was best for your friend. my life ended from cancer too.
but many many years ago. and my mom will still cry for me sometimes.
she has had alot of other dogs sence me. not to replace me, that could never be done. me and mom were special, soul mates.
she loved all the others. I was glad she had them so she wouldnt be alone. and glad for the pups that they had a wonderful loving home like I did.
nothing heals a broken heart quite like puppy breath. so when you are ready, do not feel guilty you are replacing merlin. feel greatfull.you are honoring his memory by filling your heart with more fur.
[notify]
Merlin (In- loving- memory)

Isnt it- breakfast/- lunch/dinner- time yet

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 11:02pm PST 
Thank you for your wonderful message.

I remember Merlin's puppy breath when he came home with us, he was so sweet and loving even then.

I didn't pick Merlin from the litter, he picked me, he sat at my feet looking up at me. I picked him up, looked him in the eye, he looked me in the eye, then began chewing my moustache. That was it, my heart melted for this little bundle of fur.

Thank you again

Merlin's Dad
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2