GO!

It's been over a month now...

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Brownie (In- Loving- Memory)

Canine- supervision is- always- neccesary!

Barked: Tue Jul 12, '11 1:41am PST 
But I still think about my dear Brownie every day.
It felt so surreal when we decided it was time. I keep replaying that day in my head, and feel strong feelings of guilt.

He went into heart failure. A few days beforehand, I nicked him bad with a pair of scissors while cutting out a mat, and wrapped a bandage around his neck to cover it. Part of me feels as if that contributed somehow, even though he was somewhere around 15-16 years old.

I worry that I handled him too roughly in his final moments. I lifted his chin up in desperation to give him one last kiss on the head, rather than letting him just lay down.

It hurts so badly to think about. I grew up with him. I can barely remember not having him around - I've had him since I was in fourth grade. I remember him as a crazy 2 year old, I remember not paying as much attention to him as I should have in my moody teenage years, and I remember him getting older and sicker. The day he was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, we were devastated - it's shocking that that isn't what did it in the end.

We have no doubt that it was the introduction of our younger dog, Sierra, into the family that extended his life for two years. We weren't certain if we would get a new dog while he was still around, because we didn't want to stress him while he was sick - but, quite to the contrary, he fell in love, and on the first day they were sharing a bed, drinking from the same bowl. She took care of him in his final years.

So did we, if imperfectly. I try to take comfort in that thought.
[notify]
Mama

RIP Mama. WE- LOVE YOU!

Barked: Thu Jul 14, '11 9:39pm PST 
It is normal to go through guilt after a beloved pet dies. I had a lot of guilt when Mama passed away a year ago. Its a natural part of the process but it does get easier with time. I don't think any little thing we did could ever change the way our dogs felt about us. They loved us and they knew we loved (and still love) them. hug
[notify]
Romeo - RIP We Love- You

I love everybody

Barked: Thu Jul 14, '11 10:32pm PST 
As I said in an earlier post about my beloved Romeo I keep second guessing myself. Could I have done something more? Was there something else the vet could do? Should I have taken him in earlier? Did I let him suffer? Did I pay enough attention to him when he was alive? I seem to remember every time I didn't give him a treat because I was in a hurry or pushed him away when I was busy. These are all normal things to feel and experience. I know this but it doesn't stop me from wondering. If it did than I didn't love him. That sounds strange but I worry about those who don't feel these things. What you are going through is perfectly normal. I am not going to say that it is not going to hurt or that the pain will go away soon. That's not true. There are times when I miss my childhood best friend Ares and it has been 4 years. It does heal in time and every day you will question yourself a little less. I am sorry I can't make it any easier for you. Unfortunately it is one of the hardest things that you will feel. I can say when you think of your beloved try and remind yourself of the good things and the fun that you had. That is what I do each day with Romeo when I find myself second guessing or wondering.I hope this helps a bit.
[notify]

(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Fri Jul 15, '11 6:52am PST 
Guild is not only common after a pet passes...it's normal.
we always second guess ourselves
did we do things right...?
if i had done that?
was it the right choice?
i remember when my boxer died of an heart attack at the age of two...
i had night i would not catch sleep because i constandly thought if i had just have him checked?
if i had only see?
why didn't i see his heart was sick?
but the fact is!
his heart was not sick!
it just stopped.
and that happens sometimes.
that a healthy dog dies like that.
and it was my bullie that was that dog.shrug
when my cat was killed by a dog i could not stop thinking...
if i had not let him outside?
why didn't i wait for five minutes letting him out,the dog would be all ready gone by thatn...
but i can't change baba is dead.
grief has no time...
and let it come...
it took me months and months after baba's death that i could even think of him without crying and bullie passed away three years ago...
i still can't look at his pictures....
only time will tell how long yoou need.hughughughughughug
[notify]
Molly Doll (- In Loving- Memory)

Living life to- to the full at- the bridge

Barked: Fri Jul 15, '11 7:31am PST 
You will always think of Brownie,I still think of the pets I have lost on a daily basis,what your feeling is perfectly natural,we all go through that stage. Try not to think of the negative things with Brownies passing,thing of all the fun times together and the joy you brought Brownie when you got a new dog.
It will be hard and theres no easy solution. Enjoy the memories you had together as they will be with you forever.
Sending you lots of hugs
Rachel xxx
[notify]
Wylie the- Wonder Dog - RIP

Carpe Praemium

Barked: Wed Jul 20, '11 5:50pm PST 
We all over-analyze our pups' deaths. We all did the best we could to care for our dogs each day we were together, especially the last one.

Brownie was lucky to have such a caring person.
[notify]