GO!

Time To Say Goodbye...

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Maya - In Loving- Memory

BSL: Educate,- don't- discriminate.

Barked: Thu May 26, '11 11:56pm PST 
We've all decided that her quality of life isn't what it used to be. Her bad days are beginning to outnumber the good. For the past two days, she's been in pain. I know dogs are great at hiding it, so I know she's been in pain longer, it's just been gradually getting worse.

I could see it building up, too, in the way she'd walk, or get up, or lay down, in the way she handled getting pets or massages, etc. But I didn't want to believe it... And the last two days, I've had to face it. For the last two days, it's gotten to the point where I can't watch her suffer and right now, she is suffering. I can't touch her anymore without her yelping or screaming in pain. I can't wipe the mud off her paws... I can't do anything I used to with her. Today, she gave me that look that just tells you that she's not happy anymore, she's not doing good anymore, she needs to be let go. She looked at me like I'd beaten her, and I hadn't even touched her. Looked at me like she was just.. completely defeated.

I haven't even let her go yet and I'm already grieving. Already crying.

She's such a good dog, even when she was fear aggressive, she was always so good with those she knew. Always listening right away, always behaving, always prancing around with her front paws lifting as high as possible like a horse... If you didn't want cuddles, she'd leave you alone, if you wanted cuddles, she would always be right there. She was the first to listen, and the first to be there, the first to follow you around, or just want to be in the same room as you. Protective, but accepting, gentle and loving, patient and understanding, always eager to please...

I think this is the hardest decision I've ever had to make in my life... But when the bad days outnumber and outweigh the good... And the pain is only getting worse and worse... And she's not happy anymore.. I know it's time. Just the look she gave me all day today... Told me it was time...

I'm going to call around, see about a day to take her in and have it done... Planning to take her to nose hill(gigantic hill spanning a good chunk of the city, many off leash areas, lots of hills, bush, wild area, etc) for the day prior to the vets so she can walk around off leash for a while and just enjoy herself... Going to take Todd(my moms fiance) with me, because he's had her since she was born, so he can say his goodbyes too(despite the crap he's put her through previously)... I know he's going to disagree with my decision... But she's mine and I'm not going to let her suffer...

I love you, my sweet Maya.

Edited by author Fri May 27, '11 12:05am PST

[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Fri May 27, '11 5:36am PST 
doing whats right isnt easy.
but showing the last act of love is right

angel feather kisses
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri May 27, '11 5:48am PST 
It's never easy to make the decision. But you are putting her needs before yours. That's what loving a dog is all about. She had a wonderful life and the best gift you can give now is release from any pain...

hug's to you and your family...
[notify]

Olive- (1997-2011)

I'm the best- doggie in the- whole world

Barked: Fri May 27, '11 7:43am PST 
What a loving story about you and Maya.

I am so sorry to hear about Maya's difficulties. But you know you are doing the right thing - she let you know. Just as you were kind and compassionate in taking her in, so you are in letting her go.

We hope you find peace in your decision and remember what wonderful things you did for your pup. And remember your pals here at Dogster are here to listen and help.

Hugs hug
[notify]
Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Fri May 27, '11 6:43pm PST 
You are giving her the last great gift, her wings to what is next. She is lucky to have an owner like you who is going to do the right thing, even if it's unbearbly hard. I've always said that when it is time, you will know. Fly free, sweet girl, away from the pain of this world. She'll be waiting at the Bridge, never far from your heart... little angelhug
[notify]
Maya - In Loving- Memory

BSL: Educate,- don't- discriminate.

Barked: Fri May 27, '11 9:28pm PST 
The appointment isn't for another eighteen and a half hours and it gets harder to cope with it as each hour goes by. Harder and harder. I can't sleep. I've been crying all day on and off. Trying to keep positive for her, but I can't look at her without breaking down. I'm going to miss her so much. Thanks for the support, guys.
[notify]
Fenrir

Veni Vidi Nom

Barked: Sat May 28, '11 2:40am PST 
hughughug I'm so sorry. Making a decision like that is so difficult and heart wrenching. You gave Maya a great life and you're doing the right thing for her. She's a beautiful girl and she'll always be with you in spirit.
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Sat May 28, '11 6:10am PST 
hughug

A wee poem....

"" I have sent you on a journey....not because I did not love you....but because I loved you too much to force you to stay... ""

xoxoxo River
[notify]
In loving- memory of- Cinnamon ~

A truly good dog- never really- leaves

Barked: Sat May 28, '11 9:55am PST 
Anticipatory grieve is normal and healthy, even. But you're doing what's right by Maya. Because you're right, when the bad days outnumber the good, it is time to let go. She had a great life with you and never forget that. hug

Here's a poem that I found online a while back shortly after losing Chance. It helped me through my grieving in a bittersweet way, so I thought I'd share it with you.

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.
~cg

My thoughts are with you and your family. hug
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat May 28, '11 10:59am PST 
River, I love that wee poem,, it speaks volumes...
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3