GO!

She was shot because of her breed. R.I.P Saxony 2000-2007

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  
Oliver -- My Beloved -

Dogs make you a- better human

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '08 3:26pm PST 
THis is terrible...my friend Bonnie Belle just let me know about it and I am outraged and so saddened. Saxony probably had no idea this man was out to hurt her. The only other idea I can offer is to see if there is an animal lover reporter in the area who can do a story. That gets lots of attention. There may even be a "Problem Solver" type of reporter on a station who tries to help people solve situations that they cannot. I would really try to do this. The more press you can get, the harder it is for the Representatives, etc., to ignore it. Rest in peace Saxony. There will be justice for you.
[notify]
Stitch

Proud to be a- MOMMA'S BOY

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '08 11:41am PST 
We think Milly could really be onto something here. We on Dogster are not only friends too one another, but we are a melting pot of knowledge and experience! hail We have the ability to pool are experience and put it to action. way to go Saxony did not have a fair fight with this man, but we can give that back to her. Mom agrees to do some research on Monday morning and see what she can find out. If anyone has info on the location and the names of Saxony's pawrents, please let us know. Mom has some connections with the ASPCA and can also get in touch there. The police report is public record and will have the BAD human's name and address on it. Perhaps the media needs to show up at his door. Anyone with me on this. We can flood the police dept with letters, as well as contact all the rescue shelters in the area to write too. Saxony was also I show dog and I would like to know if her breed club has been notified of the incident?
[notify]
Daisy Dawg,- NPC

Doodle.. it's an- attitude thang!

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '08 12:23pm PST 
I think Oliver has a good idea there. I am a reporter where I live and I can tell you that I would jump on a story like this. What area of Texas are we talking about? I think we should all get ahold of the media there and have them do a "problem solvers" type of investigation. Or at the very least run a story on Saxony. Does anyone know where we are talking about here? I can do some reasearch and check the local media there. (Us media folks are not all bad laugh out loud
[notify]

Stitch

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '08 12:30pm PST 
Daisy, Oliver had a GREAT ideaapplause Mom is going to try to find out on Monday about the town and who we can contact. We'll pawmail you with an update when we hear something. Thanks for your support.
[notify]
Koda

put an END to- BSL

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '08 10:33am PST 
My inner attorney is talking to me too Stitch I'm miles away studying law in NJ but if that happened in my state even if the sheriffs dept. didn't handle the issue the state troopers would. I would do exactly what you said hire a civil attorney and sue him. It's another example of why BSL is horrible, it puts ideas into the heads ignorant people.
[notify]
Bridger

Scratch my butt- mom scratch my- butt!!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '08 11:52am PST 
Yeah Saxony needs justice. Something isn't adding up here. With an assault rifle from a distance? And wasn't she in a fenced yard? This story has really @#$%^*$%*%(beep bewep beep) a lot of pups off. That dog wouldn't hurt a fly!! What can we do?
[notify]
Duke "Blue- Devil" Ford

I'm too cute for- myself

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '08 1:57pm PST 
Hey Guys!!!

Stich is right (as are many other pups).

I just called my husband that is a Deputy Sheriff in VA and he said that yes the man had a right to shot the dog on HIS property or PUBLIC property if the dog was attacking him, another person, or animal.

He said that she could have at the time went to magistrate and swore out a criminal trespassing and destruction of property.

She could civil sue him, though.

hug to Saxony
[notify]
♦- CARMELA- ♦

♦ I'm A- Lap Dog ♦

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '08 11:59pm PST 
hughug Sorry to hear of such a terrible story. That's all I'm gonna say as if I express my feelings towards this @##&*(% I will surely be kicked off Dogster, this type of thing REALLY TICKS me off!
hugPrayers fur Saxony
[notify]
Roxie, NPC

I'm a poodle! - Got a problem- with that??

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '08 3:04pm PST 
Hey Stitch? Any word on the contacts for that area? We should get the media invovled.
[notify]
Stitch

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '08 8:46am PST 
Hi everyone,
I am still looking into this story and wanted to let you all know I have found out a few things that are raising my ear a bit. I'll let everyone know as soon as I put all the pieces together. I want you all to know I feel really lucky to be a part of a pack like Dogster where everyone has such BIG hearts.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4