GO!

She was shot because of her breed. R.I.P Saxony 2000-2007

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  
Stitch

Proud to be a- MOMMA'S BOY

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 1:03pm PST 
The lawyerly side of my mom's brain is racing. How is it a man can shoot a dog that is in the yard of a home that sits on a 12 acre site? Why was he man not arrested for trespassing and destruction of personal property? I know for all of us our dogs aren't property, they are family. But the law recognizes them as personal property. If the man claims he WAS in his own yard, I would want to see the weapon that fired that distance. I would hire a layer and sue the man in the civil courts and then have my lawyer go after the sheriffs dept. Country or not someone has jurisdiction!red face I'm sorry, I'm just soooo mad for Saxony and her family. This was a senseless act of violence and ignorance that should have never happened.
[notify]
Bomber

Boxer by name,- boxer by nature!

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 5:33pm PST 
OMD i am just so so angry about this. To me shooting someones dog in their own yard is the equivalent to someone entering your home and shooting you or your child. Theres absolutely no difference.
This so called man was ignorant & really needs to be taught some kind of lesson. For shame on him & the type of society that condones this type of violence. How Saxony's family are coping i can only imagine.
Hugs saxony's family. Tears are rolling down my cheeks i just cant believe someone could be so ignorant. hughughughug
[notify]
Shrek

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 6:12pm PST 
Oh we are so sad for Saxony and her family... Our hearts are breaking.. I wish there was something we could do.. I agree.. I would go after that guy that killed that baby for NO REASON.. I hope you will post any further information and if there is anyway we can help.. we are here.. Angel wings to Saxony.. until we all meet again on Rainbow Bridge.. lots of love to your family!! Treasure your memories forever!! cry
[notify]

Eve

Eve: aka Evil- Sidewinder

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 8:05pm PST 
silencedsilencedsilenced i better not say /*anymore .... except my thoughts are with Saxony's family .... R.I.P. sweet girl hughughug
[notify]
Ruby

Each day is an- adventure!

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '08 11:04am PST 
I am outraged.......another case of an uninformed/stupid human taking matters into their own hands and not being accountable!!!!!!!!! This is so wrong and I agree with Stitch's mom, someone has to have jurisdiction over that area.

My heart goes out to Saxony's family, they will be in our thoughts and prayers.....hug
[notify]
Clay...Rest- in Peace Big- Boy

To serve and- protect.

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '08 4:28pm PST 
We posted about Saxony in several of the groups we're in too. I don't understand why something can't be done about this idiot. I heard that he used a military assault rifle. I would think that it would be illegal to discharge a gun like that and you're right.....she was in her own yard....so, he had to walk a ways to get in range of her.
This makes me sick and I don't think he should get away with it.
I have a bully breed and I'm afraid of what I might do if anyone that stupid would hurt him in any way.......
Rest in peace, sweet girl and I hope that man never has any peace...
[notify]
Bomber

Boxer by name,- boxer by nature!

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '08 5:24pm PST 
The man used a miltary assult rifle??? Hhhmm what i just said out loud to myself cannot be repeated silenced
If this is a fact this is just horrific. cry
Spread the word everyone. I have. Hopefully the right person will hear about this and something will get done.
Has any other news come to light?
[notify]
Stitch

Proud to be a- MOMMA'S BOY

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '08 7:35pm PST 
An assault riffle!!!red face OMG!!! I stand firm that this man should be slung by his @!#$@ in court. How can someone be justified in firing on an animal claiming they are in fear of their personal safety if they need to do it from such a distance with that type of weapon.

Saxony's family must be so devastated. This was a new home in the country, that they probably also chose for her to have a wonderful yard to play in. Now they are there without her and have to drive by this man everyday! I am so saddened by the cruelty that exists in our worldcry
[notify]
Milly

Silly Milly (to- the tune of- Louie Louie)

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '08 6:48am PST 
I have to agree with Stich's Mommy...what about criminal/defiant trespass?? And how in the love of god did the guy explain to the cops that he felt threatened, when he took the initiative to enter onto the persons property and shoot the dog with an assault rifle...I am a police officer and I don't get it??? I would have charged him, hands down!
What about going after the guy civily? if the cops won't do anything (which irritates me to no end)...but what about going to the local district magistrate (or whatever they are called in Texas) and filing a civil complaint against this guy...Up here in PA it's $75 to file a civil complaint against someone..I know it won't bring the beloved dog back, but it will inconvience the idiot neighbor..
[notify]
Milly

Silly Milly (to- the tune of- Louie Louie)

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '08 6:53am PST 
Here' s a quick thought...what is the name of the police department that has jurisdiction where the owner lives?? Also if we could find out who the congressman is...we can obtain the phone numbers and call asking why something more wasn't done....of course all calls must not be out of line...(we don't want to sink to the level of the neighbor)..but I have seen when people of a certain area are not pleased with a decision that has been made, if they reach out to the right resources (i.e. Congressmen, State Reps) things get done!

Just a thought...
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4