|Barked: Fri Aug 4, '06 1:43pm PST |
|I'm glad you are going to take hi to the vet. And if the vet says it is time... then you can do it in a calm place... not at a shelter where he is scared.
But if you can, behaviorists do help. And if they can't, they will tell you.
Try to get out of the mind set that you are in a "lose/lose" situation. Maybe you feel that way now, and maybe you feel you shouldn't protect him, but if I didn't have the protection from Mommy, I wouldn't be alive.
How long did you say you have had him? In time, you learn the body language, and you learn to scope out the potential problems. But it really sounds like you already know how to do that...
No matter what you decide, this is the place to "vent". Just love him, as long as you can. If you decide he needs to go to the bridge and wait for you... well, then at least while he had you, he was loved.
IMO, I wouldn't give up yet. I would try the behaviorists, and a muzzle. But that is me... everyone is different.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|