GO!

put an aggressive dog to sleep? HELP!

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 14 of 15: Viewing entries 131 to 140)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 9:38pm PST 
Aggressive dog...
I am beyond heart break at the option of putting my yorkie down due to it's pat abuse issues.
It is emotional for me yes, but this isn't about me right now. It is about the wellbeing of a dog that was abused from the beginning of it's life until about 6 mo. Of age. I aman absolutely compassionate homehealth care giver so I have comet understand necessity over what feels good emotionally. After 3 1/2 yrs I still cannot walk my little baby from trying to attack everyone and eery dog that passes by. When a dog or runner walks by, even if she's in the carafe will bite me or whomever and draw blood. She is absolutely unaware she is doing it until it is over. I have had stithes, yet is shots, you name it. I don't think I cam do it anymore. I have trie a behaviorist that after seeing her didn't even want to tell me to try. That was 2 years ago. Gave the dog 3 good years but is it time to say goodbye? I cannot physically take it any more. I am a single mother of 2 and the fear of her biting a younghild terrorizes me. Any ideas?
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 3:03am PST 
Guest have you tried talking to the vet about her? I'm sorry you are in this position as well, but it's very possible there's an unknown medical condition.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Mar 11, '12 10:35pm PST 
I know exactly how you feel. I have pitbull I've had it for the past 6 years, today though he bit my girlfriend's lips off and had to get reconstructive surgery. I will euthanize him tomorrow and I'm crying my face off! that dog is my best friend he's so loyal and sweet to me that he feels the need to protect me all the time, it came to the point where I couldn't even hug my own mother with out stressing! this is the 4th time he has bitten someone. The first time he bit someone the guy lost tissue on his leg. I've read books, taken him to training classes, bought pills and nothing ever helped. I feel like a murderer for killing a member of my family but I think is the right thing to do.
[notify]

(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Tue Mar 13, '12 12:03pm PST 
paw mailed youkissing
[notify]
bob

Barked: Thu May 17, '12 7:36pm PST 
I have an 8 yr old bloodhound who loves me and I love him but he's very aggressive and protective at strangers. He's bitten over 10 people and we tried trainers. Nothing worked. Aside from that he's the nicest dog ever. Hr just bit a friend very hard while on his chain the other day and he growls at my kids and we I'm so upset but my vet said its the right thing to do. I'm gone at work a day and can't watch how every time. Thanks
[notify]
bob

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 9:06am PST 
I have a 7 going on 8 yr old bloodhound who bites unexpected guests or dogs if he can get to them. He also moans/ growls at my 2 and 4 yr old boys when they pet him. I've been sued for $11,000 from a bite to a young man who I told don't pet him he doesn't like you. Otherwise you would never guess he's a biter. Very friendly once he sees you're not a threat. We've tried to train him with a professional but he's still very unpredictable. My last option is to put him down which is not what I want to do but hesan enormous liability to our kids and neighbors or anyone who is walking their dogs. I can't sit back and hope he doesn't do it again. I love Bob to death and wished I didn't have to pit him down but with a new baby on the way I get nervous. 10-13 people is way too much history. It's all unprovoked too. I can't be with him 24/7 either. I think he may have a couple screws loose upstairs possibly from being bred too closely with the family. Idk bit It stinks. He's also over 160lbs of thick muscle with razor Sharp teeth. Any comforting words???
[notify]
bob

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 9:08am PST 
I have a 7 going on 8 yr old bloodhound who bites unexpected guests or dogs if he can get to them. He also moans/ growls at my 2 and 4 yr old boys when they pet him. I've been sued for $11,000 from a bite to a young man who I told don't pet him he doesn't like you. Otherwise you would never guess he's a biter. Very friendly once he sees you're not a threat. We've tried to train him with a professional but he's still very unpredictable. My last option is to put him down which is not what I want to do but hesan enormous liability to our kids and neighbors or anyone who is walking their dogs. I can't sit back and hope he doesn't do it again. I love Bob to death and wished I didn't have to pit him down but with a new baby on the way I get nervous. 10-13 people is way too much history. It's all unprovoked too. I can't be with him 24/7 either. I think he may have a couple screws loose upstairs possibly from being bred too closely with the family. Idk bit It stinks. He's also over 160lbs of thick muscle with razor Sharp teeth. Any comforting words???
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 6:47pm PST 
It sounds like you have tried everything you can. I'm sorry for you both that it has come to this but you really must put the safety and financial well being of your family first. Being pregnant can be very stressful,having the burden of not knowing if,when,or why your dog will attack someone,even you or one of your children is a risk I would not be comfortable with either.Knowing he has bitten on multiple occasions in the past will make him nearly impossible to place with someone else,and not telling them of his history is putting a ticking time bomb in totally unsuspecting hand,also not the right thing to do. You have tried to give him the best possible life,my only request is that you not abandon him to strangers in the end,stay with him as difficult as it may be for you,until he crosses the bridge so that he knows that you did this because you loved him and you are there to be of comfort till the end.hughughughughug to you both.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 8:20pm PST 
This thread is 6 years old!
Bob..you may want to start your own thread. hug to you.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat May 19, '12 6:13am PST 
Squ'mey I did notice that but looked at the post from "Bob" and thought of helping first. I too do with that people who are new here would start their own threads but know the fear of being on your own with a touchy subject and understand not wanting to feel alone in your plight.

Nice to see you by the way-wavehug
[notify]
  (Page 14 of 15: Viewing entries 131 to 140)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15