GO!

My wonderful boy Merlin

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

Merlin (In- loving- memory)

Isnt it- breakfast/- lunch/dinner- time yet

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 1:58am PST 
When I lost my best friend Merlin two days after Christmas due to being diagnosed with cancer, my whole world fell apart. I couldn't stop crying, I felt so empty and without purpose. Merlin was forever by my side, except when he was helping mum in the garden pull up weeds with his silly high pitched bark.

Merlin was my best friend, his love, devotion and loyalty was always without condition, it was total.

Even though I am not over Merlin passing over the bridge, in all honesty I don't think I will ever be over his passing, Dogster has helped me get through the worst of the pain. The kind words and support helped me more then anyone can know.

Thank you Dogster and the wonderful people on here

Merlin's Daddy
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 10:50am PST 
hug hug hug little angel
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 2:55pm PST 
Merlin's Daddy, when I lost Turner it hit me like being run over by a truck. The shock, anger and never-ending sadness was unbearable at times. BUT, through the years I'm met loads of people like me, who love their dogs beyond, beyond. My friends at Dogster still support me when I have a bad day, never judge me when I go off about what happened to Turner and are ALWAYS there for me. I call Dogster my home of Angels with paws. We understand the loss that you feel, the pain of the loss and will ALWAYS be here for you also.

hug's to you.

Turner's Mom flowers
[notify]

Cleo (In- Memory)

One day Postman- ... one day !

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 9:28pm PST 
Everything Turner's Mum has said is so true.

I didnt have Dogster when I lost Cleo.. but even now .. my friends here have supported me on the bad days that still happen.

Celebrate the Life..... hold the Joy... death hath no dominion

hughughughughughughug
[notify]
Duchess- 7/21/03-1/14- /12 Love U

Sleeping Beauty- needs her beauty- sleep!

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 7:23am PST 
I have to agree with you. I just lost my sweet Duchess and the pain is so great that the kind, comforting words of others speaking so highly of Duchess even though they never physically met her, is truly touching to me and my family. Even though this is a very difficult thing for anyone to have to go through, just knowing that others know how you feel and can offer some words of comfort make difficult days a little less difficult.

I am truly sorry for your loss. hug rainbow little angel
[notify]
Zora

Zora - Wonderdog

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 12:25pm PST 
Many warm thought being sent your way hug
[notify]
Merlin (In- loving- memory)

Isnt it- breakfast/- lunch/dinner- time yet

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 11:34pm PST 
Thank you all for your wonderful kind words.

Merlin's Daddy.

I found a poem that suits my boy perfectly.

I saw a glimmering vision
It took my breath away
'twas the silhouette of a shepherd
More regal than words can say

The beams of light they danced
on a coat of endless black
A vision of perfection
Atop an iron back

He stood there like a statue
for all the world to see
What a vision of perfection
The German shepherd can be

The look of a noble prince
Lord of all he surveys
Confident in himself
Eyes fixed in aristocratic gaze

Never shall I forget
The vision I saw that day
Of the mighty shepherd
Who took my breath away

A Vision
written by Carol Kufner

That was my wonderful big boy Merlin.

Edited by author Thu Jan 26, '12 11:40pm PST

[notify]
Smokey Schaefer

Barked: Tue Jan 31, '12 7:48am PST 
little angelwhat a beautiful poem. Many furry hugs to everyone here.big hug
[notify]
Cassie

Sometimes one- eye is better- than two!

Barked: Wed Feb 8, '12 6:55am PST 
I am in tears reading this. I too lost my sweet angel, Cassie, to cancer almost two years ago. Just yesterday I was looking through old Paw Messages and found several heart felt messages sent from fellow Dogsters during the hard days following her passing. Though I don't always maintain regular contact with all of my Dogster friends, this community will no doubt continue to play an important part in the life of myself and my beloved dogs.
Rest in peace, Merlin. I hope you cans Cassie are running on the other side of the Bridge together.
[notify]