GO!

imvu ads

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 4:34pm PST 
The new ads by "imvu" or whatever.

Please, please, PLEASE take them off!!! First of all, it's not even animal related. But most importantly, they are too revealing and distracting.

This is a serious issue for me. I am already coming on here less and less because these ads are so disturbing.

Anyone else with me?
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 4:58pm PST 
Winne, I have no idea what you are talking aboutshrug Which browser do you use?
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 5:08pm PST 
Is IMVU that chat type thing where you create yourself in a virtual world? I used to have one of those when i was about 17/18 red face

Haven't seen any ads for it here though.
[notify]

Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 6:04pm PST 
When I use Firefox with Adblock Plus I get no ads- except that pop-up one with the dog licking its nose.
When I use explorer or firefox without the adblocker, I get so many distracting ads. The one with the dog taking a dump drives me nuts, plus the Angelina Jolie one. The WORST is the one that pops up, covers forum posts, and seems to have no way of closing it. Seriously irritating!!
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 8:40pm PST 
Firefox with adblocker. Seriously, makes the whole internet more enjoyable.

And if you can screen capture the ad and email HQ they might can take it of.

Many of the ads are not directly contracted by dogster, its a service that adds them in. So say Dogster says ok, ads for people ages 13-30, no alcohol, tobacco...ect. Unless HQ is told by users they are slipping inappropriate content in, they will never know. They don't monitor the forums.

Edited by author Sun Apr 17, '11 8:43pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 9:13pm PST 
HQ have little control over the ads chosen by google to go on the site.

This had quite a following in another thread.. that sadly I cant find.

As Bella and Daisy rightly said.. if you can ... take a screen shot.. and send to HQ.. also log the time ,day and date it occurs.

PLEASE.. screen shot or not.. report it to HQ.. the ad.. the content... and as I said above .. time day and date.

Also as said by Sarah.. FireFox have a good ad blocker that is a free ad on... and if you use IE.. this is a free.. and extremely efficient ad blocker for IE alone

SIMPLE AD BLOCK for IE Only

Most of the other browsers also have specific free ad blockers too.

Edited by author Sun Apr 17, '11 9:16pm PST

[notify]
Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Barked: Mon Apr 18, '11 4:30pm PST 
I use Safari.

I will report it to HQ. Um, I probably sound really ignorant, but how do you contact HQ?
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Apr 18, '11 7:25pm PST 
Winnie Mae.....

Ok.. I did a quick search and here is the FREE ad blocker from Apple

FREE Safari Ad Blocker from apple

To contact HQ....

Scroll right to the bottom of the page

In the green band at the bottom see this

about us / advertise / contact / community guidelines / privacy policy / terms of service

Click on the Contact.... that takes you to a contact form that you can fill in

ALSO.... you can Email them at

support@dogster.com

hug

Edited by author Mon Apr 18, '11 7:27pm PST

[notify]