GO!

Dogster chat?

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Apr 14, '11 1:08am PST 
I was just thinking today about how much I enjoy posting on the Dogster forums and was going to put something to all the other Dogsters - what do you think about the idea of a chat room, so whoever on here can chat about whatever they like - like, a dog related one and one for people to chat too? I thought that might be a great way for people to make more friends and learn more about each other? I know we have the PM system but live-chat could be really fun too (although here in Australia god only knows what time I would have to go on to catch people in the States and the UK!)

What do you guys think? Good idea or not?
[notify]
Lexi Hope

Mamma\'s little- attitude girl

Barked: Thu Apr 14, '11 6:28am PST 
I like the idea...I have never been a part of a chat room so I'd have to learn how to do that but I know people who do use chat rooms.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Thu Apr 14, '11 10:26am PST 
That sounds like a brilliant idea. The only thing I'd be concerned about is safety. Keep in mind there are young kids on the site. smile
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Apr 14, '11 8:37pm PST 
Maybe there could be a mod on at all times? And of course it would be best to make it Dogster members only, so no one random can come on here. Of course people might just make accounts to come on here to troll/whatever but if mods kept an eye on it (or we reported such a thing straight away) it would keep it fairly safe I think. No matter where you go on the internet there is always potential for danger, but IMHO Dogster seems safer than most of the sites I've been to. It would be really cool to have a pm feature on the actual chat too so you can have private conversations with people in the room as well as group chat, like the old ones I used to use when I was a teenager. I just remember how much fun it was - although sometimes you met some pretty rank people, most of the time you met really nice people, especially if it was a specific forum on a website. And it would be really awesome if we could post pics on it as we chatted too, to show off your dog or whatever. LOL I guess I'm being nostalgic, but I really liked old chats like ICQ etc. smile
[notify]
Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 15, '11 8:48am PST 
I really like the idea, if it were moderated I think it would be a really fun addition to Dogster!
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Apr 15, '11 8:59am PST 
we used to have an IM feature. I think that's a good compromise. It went away when the new format came in. we asked about getting it back, but it hasn't yet.
[notify]
LOKI

im alittle on- the wild and- crazy side!

Barked: Fri Apr 15, '11 9:04am PST 
snoopyi also LOVE reading and answering in the forums,it would be so AWESOME to have a chat room.where you could actually have conversations.i support it 200%
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 5:57am PST 
You mean a chat room in that of another forum? Or an IM feature? Doubt another forum would go down well with those so against them.

Edited by author Sat Apr 16, '11 5:59am PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Apr 18, '11 12:24am PST 
No, I don't think part of a forum, a seperate feature altogether - like, you know how you have 'account, answers, forum, groups' etc. on your bar, you could just have 'chat' there too, then all the different rooms would pop up like all the different forums pop up here.

For example;

Health chat
Agility/fitness chat
Food chat
OT chat (for people to talk)
etc. etc.

Or we could just have one big room but I think a few separate rooms (Not too many though as we don't want to segregate users, no big dog little dog stuff or wet food raw food, and so on) But just a few interesting topics. And IM would be a feature WITHIN the chat room, like the old fashioned ones had, so you can IM people within a room and have a private chat as well as chatting with people as a group. It would have to be well moderated but as Dogster is such a great, strong community I'm sure we could all look out for the needs of younger posters, right?

Just an idea, anyway. If enough people like the idea, well, then maybe the mods can road test it. I just think lots of people would enjoy it, I know I would.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Apr 18, '11 8:24am PST 
Now I'm really excited about this Jackson. smile I've always wanted to meet my crushy friends. XD
Why don't you contact HQ about it?
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4