GO!

Overly Moderated

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Mikey

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Sat Jul 9, '11 10:53am PST 
I don't' think it's overly moderated, although one my posts just got "bathed" and I haven't a clue why. Wasn't mean or ignorant or personal. The subject was quite "hot" and was all about opinions on this particular news story.
I got the heeve-ho, but whatever. Better to have a moderator than not.
[notify]
Molly Doll (- In Loving- Memory)

Living life to- to the full at- the bridge

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 7:34am PST 
I am on here to get help and help others not put people down,not sure what you call them but in the UK we call them trolls,they are the ones on forums that are here to cause trouble,start fights and be downright nasty. Dogster as slowly brought my sanity back when I found out my Molly had cancer. I have made great friends and had great support and I am happy to support anyone back,I treat people how I like to me treated.
On another dog site forum I was told to "put my dog to sleep" and they were so nasty to me I left,sadly it was not moderated so the trolls won.
So thats my take on it

hamster dancehamster dancehamster dancehamster dancehamster dancehamster dancehamster dance

Edited by moderator Mon Jul 11, '11 11:29am PST

Edited by forums moderator
Dogster HQ

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 11:27am PST 
Hey everyfur,

Please remember that it's ok to talk respectfully about other Community members but posts should never contain disrespectful postings about other Dogster community members, whether they're named or not.

If you have any concerns or problems with other members, the proper action is to contact Dogster HQ. HQ will resolve any and all Community abuses and intervene and take action as appropriate.

Forum discussions are to be fun, friendly and informative at all times.

way to gopuppy

Molly Doll (- In Loving- Memory)

Living life to- to the full at- the bridge

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 12:49pm PST 
Here here Dogster HQ,this should remain a fun and friendly place somewhere you visit that makes you smile as I said before this site as been awesome and I showed my 10 year old niece it the weekend and she thought so too.
Keep up the good work Dogster xxx
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Jul 12, '11 1:24am PST 
I had a post bathed once too because I described animal abuse too 'graphically' - but what I was talking about was a fairly graphic thing that I felt needed to be discussed. It was edited and returned at least. Sometimes posts don't come back from the bath-tub. However, this is better than zero moderation, which often results in big time messiness.

Still, I don't know if the fighting would become horrific here or not. Most people debate rationally and sensibly, not hurl abuse. Sometimes I can understand why they close things when a debate as run its course and we're all going in circles on the same issues, however, which *does* happen.

It would be terribly ironic if this thread was closed because of arguing though, wouldn't it? Let's all not.

Edited by author Tue Jul 12, '11 1:30am PST

[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Wed Jul 13, '11 1:08pm PST 
Dogster's quite tame as far as dog forums go (and forums in general). I've been on the web since 1994, and this is by far the tamest message board I've been involved with. When you have a large group of people who are all passionate about something -- and that something happens to be a living, breathing being -- disagreements and sometimes tension is bound to arise.
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Wed Jul 13, '11 2:17pm PST 
Hey everyfur,

I'd like to keep this Thread open, so PLEASE, remember that it's ok to talk respectfully about other Community members but posts should never contain disrespectful postings about other Dogster community members, whether they're named or not.

If you have any concerns or problems with other members, the proper action is to contact Dogster HQ. HQ will resolve any and all Community abuses and intervene and take action as appropriate.

Forum discussions are to be fun, friendly and informative at all times.

way to gopuppy

Edited by author Wed Jul 13, '11 2:18pm PST

Dogster HQ

Barked: Wed Jul 13, '11 4:40pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2