GO!

Would you do this?? (About the croc attack on 60 mins)

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Mon May 16, '11 9:35am PST 
I would like to say that I probably wouldn't.. I don't have any human children, and Daegan is very much my son. I don't see a mother sacrificing her child like that. That's not to say that the people on Dogster DON'T love their dogs like children, I just don't think that I personally could.

And the reason I say this is because I have done some pretty risky things to try and save animals. Yesterday I jumped into a pond to try and save some baby ducks (ironically, from Daegan...) and I do not know how to swim and am deathly afraid of water. Luckily, the part I jumped into wasn't that deep, so I was okay. But I freaked out when I realized what the heck I was doing.

Now if DAEGAN were being attacked by an alligator, I can't say that I would go try to help him. I would probably stand there and scream bloody murder, but I don't know that I would approach an alligator to rescue him... But THROW him at an alligator to try and save MYSELF? I can honestly say with about 98% certainty that I probably wouldn't.
[notify]
Bailee

Here\'s my Wubba- - now play with- me!!

Barked: Mon May 16, '11 11:10am PST 
Eponine, the charge you would get for that would be "molestation of an alligator." eek No lie - when I lived in Florida I had to do background checks on people and that came up a lot...I finally broke down and called FDLE to find out exactly what it entails - I was hiring people in a nursing home, after all!!

Back on-topic, I don't think it would even occur to me to do that, and Bailee probably would have been too far away for me to reach anyway. She's also 70 pounds so I wouldn't have been throwing her anywhere.
[notify]
Samson

Barked: Mon May 16, '11 1:26pm PST 
I feel that I have a very strong protective instinct to what I love and I love my dogs. I really don't think it would even occur to me to use my dog as bait. I know that I really would not be sure of how I would react if my legs were being bitten off - but I sincerely do not believe that using my dog would come to my mind. However, we have a vacation house in the mountains and bear coming around is very common. I have often wondered if my poodle were to go out of the house, see a bear, and start running and chasing - would I be running after my dog that is running after the bear (I don't think in Samson's case any amount of commands would stop him - he would freak out). I decided that for my own safety that no I would not chase my dog - he would have to be on his own.
[notify]

Makaveli PSDIT

I Can Has Lovin'- Nao?

Barked: Tue May 17, '11 1:52am PST 
lmao why risk both lives when there is a chance one can get away safely, possibly even get help. It depends on the situation, if the croc already had me or was focused on me, like it was in this situation, I would never THROW my dog to a croc to save my own life. He gave me back my life and I owe it to him anyway... I already know Mak would try to help the best he can in that scenario and that dedication is the same reason I would give my life for him.

If the croc already had my dog...oh he-l-l no...I'd probably die trying to save him. I just can't see my boys get hurt. Ever.
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Tue May 17, '11 5:51pm PST 
Very 1984
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2