GO!

Adding a new breed

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Buddy

You can't catch- me.

Barked: Fri Apr 29, '11 3:35pm PST 
Hey Kraka I saw your profile, Such a good looking dog.I see he is about 150lbs!! laugh out loud so he is probably an american bully.American pitbulls are WAY smaller.Pits that are 80 pounds or more are probably American Bullies which are bred for size.I believe they threw mastiff and larger breeds in the mix too since american bullies can be really big.

I found this on a a website.

The American Bully breed was established in the mid 1990 s with the purpose of creating the ultimate family companion. The American Bully was created through years of selective breeding by combining the
desired traits of the UKC American Pit Bull Terrier and the AKC American Staffordshire Terrier.

Since American pits and Staffys were bred to be friendly towards humans,but have animal/dog aggression.I KNOW pits can be trained to be very friendly with dogs or other animals, but isn't it kind of a natural thing for them since that is what they were bred for?

and

Since they say they took desired traits from american pits and staffys, Did they breed dog aggression out of the american bully? Or are they still like regular Amiercan pitbulls and Staffy Terriers?

Edited by author Fri Apr 29, '11 3:50pm PST

[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Wed Jul 6, '11 5:51am PST 
Buddy, the ones I've been around were typical of what happens when you cross over-sized BYB APBTs with other breeds (Neos, Mastiffs, Dogues, etc); it suppresses some of the DA, but increases the HA. For the few that retain the DA, anything that can outrun them over a short distance is safe; they overheat easier than an English Bulldog and have as many if not more health problems.

Also, your info is spot on, they weren't around 25 years ago. They are a spin off of the 90's craze of over-sized white dogs with blue eyes that evolved in Blue dogs with non-standard colored eyes.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2