GO!

Dogster - Why you use it and who are your pup pals

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Abigail- (Abby)

Social/Therapy- Dog

Barked: Sun Jun 7, '09 11:06am PST 
I use mine for my work.

I am a Social/ Therapy Dog. I working with children.

-Abby
[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Thu Jun 11, '09 4:56am PST 
I joined dogster after my pup was attacked and develpoed fear aggression. Most of my pup pals are big dogs but they were chosen because nearly all of them believe in positive reinforcement training.I havent met any of them as most are located out of state.

Edited by author Thu Jun 11, '09 4:57am PST

[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Thu Jun 11, '09 5:30am PST 
I use Dogster because as a dog-lover, I love dog communities and I love having profiles for my dogs, I love the forums, I love the groups, and I love helping people out in Dogster Answers. I love it all. I suppose I use Dogster because I'm a hard-core dog lover.

I have a ton of pup pals and I'll be pals without anyone who asks. I sometimes send requests to others, too. I know only one in real life:
My best humans friend's dog's Dogster profile
[notify]

Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Thu Jun 11, '09 9:34am PST 
I use Dogster because it's one of the few places I can interact with like-minded dog owners. Around here, most people think I'm crazy for the amount of attention and care I put into my dogs' lives.

As for pup pals, I usually friend people who look nice or have cute dogs. We have over 2000 dog friends between my two dogs! On Facebook and other social sites I only friend people I know in RL. Here, we just friend randomly sometimes, but usually it's for a super cute pup, someone who is articulate in the forums, or someone who thinks the same way we do.

I use my corral to further sort my friends into the pups I regularly keep in contact with, or the pups I know in real life.
Maggie

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '09 11:49am PST 
I found Dogster when looking for different/better dog food, and also starting "sort of" to look for another puppy. I have found it to be a great community for information and the Dogster people are mostly very nice. I enjoy being a member of Dogster and have had the opportunity to meet a few people that I can consider friends.

There is no specific way that I choose my pup pals. Some of them have contacted me or one of our other dogs, and I have contacted some dogs to be pup pals. I guess it just happens based on what is going on at that moment when a "connection" sort of happens.
[notify]
Pashia

Stalker Dog II

Barked: Wed Jun 24, '09 7:26pm PST 
I found Dogster by accident and started pages for my 2 dogs...I love reading the diaries of other dogs and accept all pup pal requests. I make requests based upon a dog that touches me in some way - I do not choose by breed or location.

Not everyone I know in real life shares my enthusiasm for my pets. Besides the 2 dogs I have listed, my husband has 9 hunting dogs. Plus I have a cat. We just love animals.

I have referred friends to this site, but have not found where any have added their dogs. I have not met any owner or dog in person.
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Thu Jun 25, '09 12:50pm PST 
Why use it? Well, it's social networking... as dog person, I can share the fun (and trials) of owning a dog. I can get and give advice. I can also share the emotional side of having a furry companion and expect that others understand... like I said, social networking at its finest.
Pup pals are a mix... some we know; some we've read about and like; of those, some of the selection IS breed specific... or maybe, more specifically, breed specific with shared apparent temperament characteristics.
[notify]
Sheila, MAD,- MR, MS,- JCH-Br, S

I'm so glad the- puppy is- gone....!!!

Barked: Fri Jul 3, '09 9:33am PST 
Why Dogster?

* Because I don't have to feel embarrassed when I talk about my dogs constantly. I am definitely dog-crazy.

* Because I like to write about stuff that I am passionate about.

* Because I feed raw and gained a lot of knowledge from that Forum.

* Because I love my dogs and I like sharing experiences with others.

* Because it makes me feel good.

* There's no rule on why I would accept a pup pal request: it's a gut feeling.

* I've actually deleted many of my pup pals.

* Because Dogster has helped adopting a Rescue.

* ...the list is endless and there isn't much rationale to it for most of the reasons.

...Why am I writing this anyways...???

cheer
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2