GO!

What food are you feeding your Westie

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 3:18pm PST 
This is something I have been struggling with since my Westie was a baby. Her breeder fed her Eukanuba. I had switched her to Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice formula. I noticed after a long time of feeding her this, her feces were never consistently solid. I cut out treats that I was feeding her and still noticed no change. I then heard that the Nutro foods were great. She was on the Lamb and Rice formula for a few months and I did notice her fecal getting more solidified. However, it was still inconsistent. Recently it got to the point where she would not eat her food at all (and she is very food driven!) After looking up reviews on the food I found a website saying that this "new and improved" brand of Nutro Lamb and Rice formula was giving people problems that didn't normally in the past (dogs having diarrhea, vomiting, etc). I got nervous with this and am still in the process of trying to switch her to Science Diet. She still acts very disinterested in the food. Her feces are even worse than before. I am at a wits end with trying to figure out what to do for her! Any advice anyone? She has not hot spots on her skin...just soft feces and disinterest in the food (both nutro and sciencec diet). Help! What should I do?
[notify]

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 3:18pm PST 
This is something I have been struggling with since my Westie was a baby. Her breeder fed her Eukanuba. I had switched her to Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice formula. I noticed after a long time of feeding her this, her feces were never consistently solid. I cut out treats that I was feeding her and still noticed no change. I then heard that the Nutro foods were great. She was on the Lamb and Rice formula for a few months and I did notice her fecal getting more solidified. However, it was still inconsistent. Recently it got to the point where she would not eat her food at all (and she is very food driven!) After looking up reviews on the food I found a website saying that this "new and improved" brand of Nutro Lamb and Rice formula was giving people problems that didn't normally in the past (dogs having diarrhea, vomiting, etc). I got nervous with this and am still in the process of trying to switch her to Science Diet. She still acts very disinterested in the food. Her feces are even worse than before. I am at a wits end with trying to figure out what to do for her! Any advice anyone? She has not hot spots on her skin...just soft feces and disinterest in the food (both nutro and sciencec diet). Help! What should I do?
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2