GO!

She was shot because of her breed. R.I.P Saxony 2000-2007

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
The Boys

Two Wild And- Crazy Guys!!!!

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 2:35pm PST 
We found this story about sweet,kind,beautiful and adored Saxony.Saxony a purebred American Staffie, was a wonderful show dog and enjoyed life.She was friendly and loving making sure that everyone that passed her was her new friend (especially those with food).She never hurt anybody, and only wanted to love and be loved.When Saxony and her family moved into their new home well here is the story from her page:
"Saxony was shot and killed less than a day after moving to our new home on 12 acres in Texas. Because of all the media hype, our neighbor was afraid that she was going to get out of my yard and attack his 2 year old daughter. We had left Saxony out in the fenced yard because we were going to close on the house and she had not yet been out to potty. The closing was extremely short, and we arrived back at the house 58 minutes later. I knew immediately that my dog was shot when I saw the fenced area empty and my neighbor sitting outside his house. The neighbor had explained that "pit bulls" are dangerous and he was afraid she was going to attack him (yes, a SHOW dog). I explained that she was NOT a pit bull, and in fact, a registered American Staffordshire Terrier. I also explained that she was a friendly dog raised around my infant and 7 yr old son. He told me that everything on the news has given him enough reason to be on-guard. The sherrif's department wouldn't do anything because it was outside city limits and you are allowed to shoot dogs if you feel threatened. Well, he felt threatened, with the dog in MY yard. She was 7 yrs old."
-Saxony's Mom
cry cry cry
Please spred Saxony's story so things like this can be stopped! Another horrible thing is that the police won't do anything.This terrible man walked into her yard! Kind Saxony was enclosed in her fenced yard, she didn't jump the fence and attack the man or his family no she was probably sniffing around her new yard. And the man shot this dog because of her breed! Not because she did somthing to him because she didn't.JUSTICE FOR SAXONY!hughughughug
Thank you
-The Boys
[notify]
Darby Queen

Adopt from- rescue, please!

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 2:49pm PST 
That type of insensitive stupidity makes me embarrassed to be a Texan. What an animal. People like that are the ones that spread the fear and hatred because they don't take the time to educate themselves. They would just rathter kill a family pet and beloved friend. I am so sorry for your loss. For Texans everywhere, I can assure you we are not all like that. RIP Saxony. We'll miss you.

hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 4:03pm PST 
thats just horriable, it leaves my mom just speechless!

angel feather kisses to the humans
[notify]

Canela, PAWS

I can't help it!- I'm gorgeous!

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 4:35pm PST 
My mommy has been pawmailing Saxony's mom. My mommy is going to get the addresses/emails of city officials. As soon as she does, she'll post them on Dogster. Apparently, the guy who killed Saxony worked for the county. What does that tell you!
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 5:16pm PST 
Poor Saxony - another ignorant human takes and innocent life. Angel hugs and kisses to Saxony and her family during this time of loss. hug
[notify]
Salsa - memorial- page

Hot n spicy

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 8:09pm PST 
That is absolutely horrible, I hope she didnt suffer. I am so sorry for Saxony's family.
[notify]
Bear and- Bambi - Mommys- Angels

My Sweet Angels

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 8:32pm PST 
We just do not know what to say...totally shocked! We are SO sorry for your loss, our prayers are with you and Saxony...she was a beautiful girl! hughughughughug
Angelfur kisses coming at ya!
Bear, Bambi, Daisy and Lickity
[notify]
Duchess

Save a- Life:- Adopt!

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 9:49pm PST 
This is one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever heard. My parents, before I was born, had a dog named Champ. He was shot too because he crossed the road and into a man's pecan orchard. The man happened to be there so he shot him. I don't even really know why. I don't think my parents know why either. It was unrelated to his breed though, so in a way, this is even worse. Poor Saxony. It's absurd that her family can't get justice for her. How does shooting a dog in her own fenced-in yard equate defending oneself from said dog?? I don't understand. Where is the justice?
The Boys

Two Wild And- Crazy Guys!!!!

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 7:39am PST 
Hey every woof, my peke pal Canela is really helping getting justice for Saxony.His human has teamed up with Sax's mom. I have also started as of today a group for saxony. Please join:
Justice for saxony!hug
Thank you
[notify]
Roxie, NPC

I'm a poodle! - Got a problem- with that??

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 10:31am PST 
I am in shock .. and speechless. I would love to send this man a letter to let him know what I think of him. What the heck gives him the right? cry. I am so mad and hurt. I am so sorry for your loss Sax's family. I understand the law if you feel treatened , if a dog wanders onto your property .. but Saxony was in HER OWN YARD!!!! The laws really need to be looked at. If this (I can't find a nice word to use here) .. man... had come over and shot bullet holes into their car or house... he would be charged with some sort property damage at least. This is awful.

Edited by author Tue Feb 5, '08 10:33am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4