GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1947 of 1947: Viewing entries 19461 to 19468)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1938  1939  1940  1941  1942  1943  1944  1945  1946  1947  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Oct 28, '14 1:31pm PST 
Afternoon all.......

AbbySargeMum.... Our Insurance is pretty good.. but Jay checks everything meticulously as well. I also ask for a costing before they do testing..... that is something they CAN do for you cept some say they cant.. but they can.

All my family cept me had Oct/Nov/Dec birthdays ! Me.. Feb... when one one is out of hibernation.. but I like that.

Dont overdo the gym either ! Also.. find out about the fatigue before to commit to further exercise.

HannaMum... its been up for discussion tween he and I for 8 years... LOL

Glad you friend is doing well. Colitis is a pretty common complication with colon cancer. They should be able to get the colitis sorted out though.

Smal thunderstorm came through last night and cleaned the air up. Pretty day today. Leaves now need raking up daily... but I cant face it today !

Hugssssssssss for all..........
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '14 4:40am PST 
morning all, dinner ended up being cooked inside. Tom worked outside all day with raking leaves and some window washing, so I made the chicken and potatoes in the oven, cut up a fruit salad and a regular salad, bag type and added things to it. We all ate pretty well and Tom took home some for lunch. He didn't finish woodwork as Tom has put another coat of stain on and it was still not dry enough.

Sorry to hear of your hairdresser, as if one thing isen't enough. My former sil (Fran's wife) is going for marrow transplant in November. She is opptomistic, a/c to what Joann (his wife) has said. We are having lunch on Friday.

I am thinking that this dragging feeling is nerves. There are so many things coming up and it seems this year it isen't setting well with my system. I am supposed to have the Empty Leash potluck, but nothing has been settled with a date. So, it all sounded great back in June, but now seems to be a challenge with more birthdays and the holiday dinners ahead. Been letting out the dogs while C is in AZ for her job, and actually laid down on the outside lounge on their deck and fell asleep. Stress doesn't set with me, less is always better.

Flickamom, would love to see you resolve driving, and get to see some of the things you enjoy. A friend of mine didn't drive, so she bought a moped and actually got around on that.

Weather was wonderful yesterday, but due to change. Is dark now still. Don't forget to set clocks back one hour on Saturday night. Then will be light in morning and dark earlier. wave
[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '14 7:34am PST 
Mornin'all,

FlickaMom, we could use a little rain here. Glad the thunderstorm cleared the air and make it fresh. We aren't expecting any rain in the near future and it isn't so humid....very nice! Take it easy on that back!

SargeMom, sounds like ya'll had a nice meal. I have found lately that I don't feel so good when I first get up. My joints & back hurt and I feel like I'm dragging. After I get dressed and have some hot tea and move around I start feeling much better. I get stressed out if I have too many things planned, too. I always try to make it as simple as possible. For instance with your potluck dinner, I would probably pick up something already made. Have you thought of getting your Thanksgiving meal already made? Places are already advertising and the fried turkey looks so yummy with all the trimmings. Since there will only be the 3 of us we will probably go to Luby's cafeteria like last year. It was fun. Glad you reminded me about the time change. It will be dark so early.

Smooches for each and every one
kissing
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '14 1:42pm PST 
Afternoon All...........

Got a Monarch here today. Its one of those perfect days when nature is holding her breath before winter. It went down to 38F last night.. so it wont be long before the first frosts.

Jay is ok but sore from the dentist.. so we will go do groceries tomorrow.

AbbySargeMum.. stress is one of THE biggest energy sappers.. and I think it is what is happening with you. Just spend some time on YOU..... Just say no to a few things.. you are allowed to do that. I am still trying to learn how too !! But.. I honestly think you will feel alot better if you simply do a few things for YOU.. sit and read.. stroke the dogs... take a nap before you are exhausted.. and yes.. I also know I dont do any of that well... but the point is... it IS how to do better.

Glad Fran's wife is having the marrow trans. They seem to do well even though its a serious procedure.

I have a full motor bike license in the UK.. I rode motorbikes for years. I just cant risk a fall now.. and were we live its alot of dirt roads.... I would also have to take the same driving exams and courses/test.. so its no different

Like HannaMum says.. the Pot Luck.. both Target and Panera do a catering service..., not that expensive.. and many other supermarkets do platters too. Give it some though.... Honestly.. Panera soups... fresh bread/rolls.. and a few pastries... Good healthy food and easy to arrange.

HannaMum.. we basically had T Storm and no rain ! Really beautiful day here today. I should be working outside.. I did a bit.. but stopped.. shouldnt have done.

Laughs.. its dark when I get up already.. so ... but I am always chasing the light to get things done at night.. but Jay says it makes me stop !

Hugssss for all...........
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '14 4:43am PST 
Well, had a phonecall yesterday, we are having the potluck after the holidays - maybe around Valentine's day. Meeting cancelled for Saturday. Maybe next Sat. The woman who has the gatherings for past 2 years is understandably worried about her daughter, who has found a lump and is currently undergoing chemo. Not a time to celebrate. Was not for me to say yes or no to it, sometimes getting together and talking is supportive, so we will meet at the mall. Her daughter and family live on the other side of their duplex house, so she helps with the family. The kids are younger. Recently she retired after 23 years as an prosthetic fitter. I can handle T-day - is easy enough to do turkey and Tom enjoys cooking, we do the same meal every year and is usually our immediate family and maybe Fran and Joann, depending how he feels, and JoAnn's mother has been here too. I am having lunch with JoAnn tomorrow, been a few months since we got together. She has her hands full with Fran, her daughter (and baby sitting) and her mother. Another who retired and is busier now than when working.

We are getting flu shots today, as I have little going on, and already am basically dragging along, it won't make a difference. Spaghetti dinner on Sunday at Tom's former church where we were married. Supposed to have snow tomorrow for Halloween.

Flickamom, no you don't want to take a fall on a dirt road and it is getting darker earlier too. Was a thought as not sure how far you are from the craft shows and things like that. We have them in the mall here often around the holidays and the schools/churches do them.

Anniemom sounds like a nice day for your family for Thanksgiving. You enjoyed it last year.

Have been taking naps, and C is back so not going to let out the dogs. Tom went to his mother's and cleaned gutters. One floor house so not bad, still he does alot between out 2 houses. Tom does his own and Rob hires someone as ladders and his rebuilt foot from the accident don't work on the rungs. He has a cape style house.

Hope all have a good day. Am thinking a small live tree this year, not bushy and big, as we will have it in a different area than usual. Do you get alot of Treaters, Anniemom?
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '14 7:04am PST 
Morning All.......

Delayed Grocery day today.

AbbySargeMum... just take some care of YOU... do some things for YOU. Sit.. read... nap... read... drink tea ! You know what I mean. I know all too well that everything else seems to eat our time up and we get left with tiredness and stress. Just take care.

We are nearly 30 miles forn anything... Norman is where everything more or less is. I dont miss the town... but its just the odd few things like the Craft Show(which... depending on game time which wont be known till after the 7th ... I may still be able to go to) and odd things this time of year I cant get to .

Its a pretty day here ... had a Monarch here yesterday.. there are pics up on Shutterfly.

Better get on.. feeders to do ... doggies need out and attention and food .. then we have to be off. Need to rake leaves morro !

Oh.. got an email this morn to say the TSO tickets are in the post. Really looking forward to the concert on 7th Dec.

Hugssssssssss for all.........
[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '14 9:14am PST 
Mornin'all,

SargeMom, probably a good thing the potluck was re-scheduled after the holidays. One less thing you need to do. How is Tom's mom doing? No, we don't have many trick-or-treaters. The spaghetti dinner sounds fun. Son is feeling depressed and overwhelmed. He is coming for a visit Saturday for a week.

FlickaMom, took a look at your pics and the monarch on the colorful flowers is beautiful! Never seen a honey mushroom before and Flicka & Lucas are precious! Hope Jay is OK after the dentist. I know you will be looking forward to TSO.

Jim's blood pressure is still high even after this new med. Called the doc and he has an appointment Monday.

Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '14 6:54pm PST 
HannaMum.... Jay is ok thankyou.

Your son is coming from NC ?

Hoping Jims meds just need a tweek. There really isnt a "normal".. there is a normal range though.. and hoping he is inside the range.

Hugsssss for all
[notify]
  (Page 1947 of 1947: Viewing entries 19461 to 19468)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1938  1939  1940  1941  1942  1943  1944  1945  1946  1947