GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1976 of 1976: Viewing entries 19751 to 19757)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1967  1968  1969  1970  1971  1972  1973  1974  1975  1976  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '15 1:33pm PST 
Afternoon All.........

ABBYSARGEMUM !!!!!!!! (Yes.. I am shouting at you !!!!!!!! ) Oh Lady.... you just wont learn will you. Pleaseeeeeeeeee stop this.

You damaged yourself last year... you know all the things.. and still you are doing it. What part of YOU ARE NOT FAT isnt sinking in ?? You are a lovely, kind ,good looking Lady....you are intelligent and funny..... you do not need to do this to yourself. Exercise yes.. but this isnt.. you are punishing yourself for some deep seated reason.. and it needs to stop. We love you.. you are loved by family and friends.... If you want to be crippled or worse for the sake of a few pounds.....

I have had my say... but think on it.. and think hard.... please.

Growing season is short for different reasons... here its heat and drought. Here you are lucky to get from end April to mid July.... then watch things die. Its deep drought here and has been for 8-9 years. They stop selling plants after July here... there are so few decent Nurseries and they stock for just a short time.

Been buying my flower seeds at 25c a pkt from the feed place. They had cleared their shelves of the remainder of last years packets and were selling them off. Then... last week... instead of 25c a pkt.. they were dropped to 10c a pkt !

I ended up with $30 worth of seeds (18 pks) for $3 !

The gopher took out just about everything last year.. so at least any plants will be cheap gopher food !

Glad Tom is doing ok.

Enjoy the book sale.

HannaMum.... sorry about your dentist.... ggggggggrrrrrrrr

Clear and cool today.. pretty weather... still way about temp it should be. Dusty though... fire risk is very high.

I know Nick and Lucy.... have done for a long time on here.. but so many ae know only on the faceless place. Oh well....

Hugssssssss for all.........
[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '15 8:04am PST 
Mornin'all,

FlickaMom, the weatherman said we are ahead in rainfall for the year. I guess that is a good thing and a good way to start the year. It is a gorgeous, chilly morning and will be warming up in the afternoon. Several days predicted like that! That was a good buy on the seeds. I can't seem to grow anything from seeds. Sorry about the gopher. Haven't seen any of those around here, thankfully! I am on a couple of Golden Retriever groups on FB. There are lots and lots of beautiful pictures of Goldens and some people have as many as five of them. I enjoy looking through them, it makes me smile.

SargeMom, hope all is well at your house. I know you are busy!

I had an earache yesterday, first one in awhile. I used to get them all the time when I was younger. It is better this morning.

Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '15 2:25pm PST 
sheet of ice here - went to my meeting near Rob's and didn't stop after as it is horrible driving. That black ice is the worst. We enjoyed our meeting been since the restaurant that we got together so was nice to have hot cocoa and baked goods and talk.

Wonderful buy on the seeds - that's when to grab them up. I try to get a few of my favorites at the end of the year, but seedlings don't work well for me - Except the Chinese Lanterns - Finally - they were going crazy and must have been in the right spot. Been trying for years.

Sorry about your earache, Anniemom, it isen't your tooth is it? I was working at the Library Book Sale, I try to do one shift for them each sale and there are 4 a year. It is fun and I always get a book myself. They are in beautiful condition, people take care of their books that they donate. Some love to chat as they are checking out, too, which is a nice thing.

So no SpiritDad today, hope his eyes are doing ok. I found Etsy shop, but not alot of native jewelry. I think he is doing that as well, he wrote.

wave to Maiyah - miss hearing from you here at Buhens.

I didn't really know Squirt and Chloe but I remember seeing those sea pictures on their page. Run free, many friends are there to hold you close.

Sarge has appt. for nails and rabies shot on Wednesday, still has to get that but no other ones. He didn't go to the Paw Park today, it was icey and colg, I'll take him tomorrow if it's better.

Got C & T to the airport at 4:45 AM - and then to my Zumba class - they are enjoying Cancun sun about now - and I had a great class. The guy is amazing -
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '15 5:58pm PST 
Evening all.....

Been working outside all day and done for.

HannaMum........ I can definitely tell you Texas is still in deep drought and moisture deficite that unless the Second Flood comes... wont change.What he MAY have meant is you are ahead on THIS month...

Hoping the earache has gone... it is I think one of the worst pains there is.. and AbbySargeMum could well be right with the tooth making the pain.

Daft temps up to 70F this week.. and high winds.... This is so not right .

AbbySargeMum.... I hate Black Ice.... Stay safe and warm.

I can get the seedlings... but then the problems begin ! SO glad your Chinese Lanterns made it !!! I tried last year buy no go... may try again this year.

Glad the booksale went well !

Hugsss for Sarge......

Hugssssssss for all..............
[notify]
Spirit

Abuse is abuse- to a human or- animal

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '15 7:06pm PST 
Ahh, as we get old and try to keep looking young. Sarge Mom, sounds like if you keep trying so darn hard to look young, you won't have to worry about anything at all. Overexerting yourself, at your age, (36), can lead to some major problems. Easy does it and that overexertion is for the younger set. Much younger. Glad you found my shop and I will be adding a lot of my jewelry to it shortly. Been letting it run out because I am planning a big sale. Have so much inventory of eggs and jewelry, I'm letting it go at about 50% off. Getting to old to just watch it sit here, rather folks have it to enjoy. I just added 3 eggs, 2 for Valentines Day and the Remembrance egg.

Flicka Mum, that's a great price on those seeds but the germination won't be as good as fresh ones. I grow organic and always let some of my crops go to seed every year. That gives me my seeds for the following year. If you are in a drought, or just an area with very little rain, barrel gardening can be the answer. I have a drip irrigation system for my barrel gardens, along with 6 rain barrels, and always have water on hand. Drip irrigation uses very little water and gets the water to the roots without much evaporation.

Hanna Mom, that ear ache could very well be from the tooth, hope you don't get it again. They can be awful.

Been a long day, trying to get caught up, going to take Spirit for a walk and hit the sack. Storm they called for passed us by and looks like a decent day for tomorrow. Figured that would happen since we changed our plans for driving up to visit the kids. Oh well, always another day.

Osda Svnoyi, May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. Until the sun rises again.
[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Sun Jan 25, '15 7:53am PST 
Mornin'all,

SargeMom, I am such a scaredy cat to drive on ice or snow, thankfully we don't get much of it here. My earache is better. I took Tylenol. I am prone to them even when I was a little girl. I am seeing the dentist Thursday. Sounds like fun helping at the library and glad you enjoyed your Zumba class.

FlickaMom, it will be in the 70's in the afternoons here, too. The weather is gorgeous! My backyard is finally drying out and I don't have muddy paws to clean!

SpiritDad, too bad you didn't get to see the kids. How many do you have? Oh to be 36 again! The barrel gardening sounds interesting.

Yesterday, my neighbor wanted us to bring Hanna Belle over there to play with her almost 1 yr old German Shepard (137 lbs). He & Hanna play pawsies under the fence. I wasn't quite sure how it would go but they had a fun time while we sat and visited. So, I guess Hanna has a boyfriend now!

Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sun Jan 25, '15 12:11pm PST 
Morning All.........

Ron... I have been gardening many years too..(It was my job for over 10 years) and have never had any difference in seed germination in less the 3 years old seed. They love to con folk into buying at top price... when there is little or no difference inside reasonable parameters.

It also itsnt "just" water... as I have explained before...(I am on well water.. have plenty) its that 110-120F kills anything. And.. if I water.. it brings the snakes in.. yep.. they also climb with ease...They love barrels and bird boxes... and raised beds.I fully understand and have done drip irrigation... the chap had it here and took it out as it just increased the snake population.. and boiled the plants.

There is a great deal of difference gardening here in heat and drought and sand ..... to where you live. As there is a great deal of difference in the gardens I was used to.

HannaMum... glad you are feeling alot better. My sister as a child had awful earaches.. and they never could find a reason. Sher eventually seemed to grow out of them.. but they were terrible for her.

A GSD at 137 lbs !!! Standard for a male is 90-100 lbs and female around 75-85 lbs. If its one of those "King" Sheps... then its a slightly different and modern genetic... and they can be bigger.. but not accepted by the Breed as GSD's. So glad Hanna and he had a good time though.. thats great for both of them.

Very very windy here but sunny. Dry as dust though.

Hugsssssssssssss for all..........
[notify]
  (Page 1976 of 1976: Viewing entries 19751 to 19757)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1967  1968  1969  1970  1971  1972  1973  1974  1975  1976