GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 2243 of 2243: Viewing entries 22421 to 22426)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  2234  2235  2236  2237  2238  2239  2240  2241  2242  2243  
Ridge

Whads be da- hecks, Aren't we- there yet?

Barked: Tue May 23, '17 4:15pm PST 
Morning Ladies... the news this morning is so sad... all those kids who were only out for a good time

Flicka mom, unfortunately there is a clause in the lease that allows for the landlord to discontinue any month to month lease at their discretion. As for the military Clause that only applies if we need to break the lease. It gives military people the right to break the lease but only if they have orders to move elsewhere. Which means we could sign a 1 year lease then break it in 6 months,(*Date of his retirement*) Which is 2 months longer then we will actually be here and then most likely they would keep the deposit with some excuse that we would not be able to fight because we would be 1200 miles away. so in essence even using our military option we would still lose about 4000 dollars

So Far house hunting is not going well. Hubby is checking to see if the Coast Guard will let him stay in the barracks if he sends me and the dogs back to Maine. It would suck because it would be anywhere from 2 to 5 months apart
[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Wed May 24, '17 1:57pm PST 
Mornin'all,

SlinkySandyMom, that just doesn't seem fair to treat our Military like that. They should get the best treatment and leniency on rent in a case like that. There are sometimes that things just aren't fair.

FlickaMom, we had a storm with lots of lightning and some small tornado activity north of us last night. The next few days will be beautiful and it is actually chilly this morning.

Sending chocolate!

Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Sandy (aka- Thumper)

Stunned that- Dogster is going- away

Barked: Wed May 24, '17 9:42pm PST 
Hi all.

As if things weren't bad enough now we are having car issues.... the brakes started making noises so we made an appt this morning to get them fixed then last night the engine light came on.

We got the the brakes done for about 600 dollars then they told us that we would need new plugs and wires and it will cost us another 500 ...

At least its something fixable, but not something I wanted to deal with right now
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu May 25, '17 4:42am PST 
Evening all.........

SlinkySandy.. 2-5 mths apart.. easy. Jay and I were apart 17mths (thanks to the stupidity of American Immigration) .. saw each other twice for a few days in that time. Heck.. you have Skype and such.. 2-5 mths is a walk over.. frankly its an easy option !!!!

Save some money.. and worry... and go for that... I really cannot see its a problem

Sorry about the car though... not fun

HannaMum.. was a cooler but pretty day today... yesterday was a long day and I have to mow tomorrow.

Hugssssssssss for all..........

hughughughughughughughughughughug

My best and oldest friend in the world is a Muslim lady ...her 3 boys are the sons I will never have.... wonderful boys who grew into wonderful young men.

What happened in Manchester.. and all the other places is not Islam... its the hatred of humans.. who are less than slime.

hughughughughughughughughughughug

Edited by author Thu May 25, '17 4:46am PST

[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Thu May 25, '17 2:11pm PST 
Mornin'all,

SlinkySandyMom....sorry about all the troubles. We have a leak under the sink in a bathroom so I guess I'll call a plumber. We have had toilet issues and something that needs fixing under the kitchen sink, too. Have been holding off calling plumber but guess it's time. Oh, and one of our cars is in the shop to fix the AC....it was going to cost way too much and it's an older car so we will just forget fixing that for now. We do have one good car and that's really all we need.

FlickaMom, don't work too hard mowing!

[notify]
Sandy (aka- Thumper)

Stunned that- Dogster is going- away

Barked: Thu May 25, '17 5:07pm PST 
Morning all

Flicka mom we have been apart for longer, but it was because we had no options.

Also our chromebooks don't do skype which we did use when he was overseas. He doesn't have wifi at work so he wouldn't be able to facebook due to limits on what the military will allow on the work computers and he isn't much for wanting to talk on the phone so would only call once or twice a week.

But I am actually more worried about him getting bored.. he doesn't handle boredom well at all.. When he was overseas he worked 6 12 hour days and slept most of the 7th so he didn't have time to be bored. He won't have a vehicle except for the gov't van so won't be able to go anywhere unless one of his work people take him. (*sigh*).. Anyway if we don't find something soon we won't have much choice.

The other problem we have with that plan is that the Navy would have to move everything home Mid July. They won't schedule the move til after he gets his retirement orders and that won't be until at the very least the 1st of July. If he doesn't get those orders we would have to make at least a couple of trips back here to do it ourselves...

I am sure it will work out, it always does, but it will be stressful regardless of how we do it.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri May 26, '17 1:46am PST 
Evening all......

Just worn out from mowing...

SlinkySandyMum.. Stress ?

I didnt KNOW if I would be allowed to come to the USA... and we had NO idea when and if the Visa would be granted. We were married for gods sake. I lived 250 miles from London .. fu$%^&*()_ US Embassy demanded I attend with 12 hours notice 3 times.. didnt happen.. not possible.. I had to depend on trains and still got told off like a 2 year old by them . I was accused... and threatened by American Immigration several times... (for a mistake THEY MADE and finally didnt apologise for but 2 years after I got here they "cancelled" it.. big $%^&*()_+ deal.. they were in the WRONG)

They made our lives HELL for nearly 5 years in all. And took $10,000 off us for the joy of it. I was not allowed to visit.. I saw Jay for a total of 10 days in 17 mths

No.. didnt have Skype... did have Yahoo Messenger... couldnt afford trans Atlantic calls except when there was a serious problem.

Boredom ?? Maybe for kids.. not a grown man.. he needs to deal with it.

Sorry if all that sounds hard.. but heck.. he is retiring in 6 mths.. you have a house in Maine.. and the Navy will do the carting.

You will have time to go back.. get organised.. and he will be home then. He needs to maybe get a few books to read !! Plenty survive far worse.. not like he is in a war zone.

HannaMum.... so sorry about the leaks but at least the plumbers visit will be worthwhile !! Glad the car is being fixed. We have one car.. and glad of it being ok.. especially out here.

Hugssssssssssssssss for all..................
[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Fri May 26, '17 1:57pm PST 
Mornin'all,

SlinkySandyMom, sounds like lots of stress going on over there. I'm sorry, I know it must be hard to figure all this out and I know you will be glad when it's all over.Hang in there....sending lots of chocolate!

FlickaMom, so sad that you had such a hard time with immigration.

It's cloudy this morning....thought it was going to be pretty today. Yesterday was gorgeous! Maybe later on!

[notify]
  (Page 2243 of 2243: Viewing entries 22421 to 22426)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  2234  2235  2236  2237  2238  2239  2240  2241  2242  2243