GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1814 of 1935: Viewing entries 18131 to 18140)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1809  1810  1811  1812  1813  1814  1815  1816  1817  1818  1819  [Last 10 entry]  
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Oct 28, '13 3:32am PST 
morning all, love love the froggies! missed yesterday, started off with a hurry up and wait. Went to Rob's he was laying low and heel hurting, so was watching the Bills football and we didn't stay. Took Abby to UB to swim a few minutes, was almost over. I went to the mall and ordered the valance for the sliding door at BBB and went to see H * M at the mall - they have very inexpensive things and I like their 'basic top' line for $12.00 Courtney and Tom stopped to see the kitchen and visit - she was in her last marathon yesterday in NF - Canada, very cold. We are doing one gift per person for Christmas, that is a relief, and everyone can save a little money. I need nothing else, Rob just things for his house and C & T will give us ideas. Sarge is on NuVet Vitamens, for his immune system, and I am corresponding with them - they are an old company and sounds like they have a good product for elderly dogs.

Readin M.C. Beaton mystery right now, Annimom, she has a great series I get at the library. Agatha Raisen is the main person. The books Flickamom said would be good for you, if your vision doesn't allow. I love Large Print and try to get that whenever I can.

Made Italian Wedding Ball Soup yesterday, took some to Rob with fresh Rosemary/olive oil bread, will make another batch today as have left over ingredients. The Wegman's (grocery) had the receipe and was very easy and very good.

Glad Jay's game was a Win - always enjoyable. Bills floundered with the NO Saints.

Any news of DarlaMae, Flickamom? I have a few Thanksgiving cards to mail and one to my 'uncle' who will be 102 on November 24th kissing
[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Mon Oct 28, '13 7:43am PST 
Mornin'all,

FlickaMom, loved the little froggies! We have some sort of frog/toad in our flowerbed that makes the weirdest noises. I haven't been able to see what it looks like yet. I don't think my eye problem is totally bad eyesight. Some of my meds makes them fuzzy, too. It is time for my eye doc appt. so guess I need to do that.

SargeMom, one gift per person sounds like a reasonable idea to me. I have some friends with big families that draw names and that works out well, too. Anything to lower the stress level is a good thing. Sorry about Rob's heel. The outer part of my foot has been bothering me when I walk lately. Probably arthritis. I'm sure Rob enjoyed the soup & rosemary bread!

We have a gorgeous day here but the yard is still soaked from the rain we had. One of our flower beds retains water and yesterday son went out and cleaned the gutters. I think maybe they were clogged and water running into the flowerbed. Anyway, so far Hanna is staying away so no muddy paws!

Smooches for each and every one

kissing
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Oct 28, '13 1:44pm PST 
Afternoon All........

AbbySargeMum.. sounds as if you had a very busy day yesterday !!

Glad Abby got a swim and that Sarge is on some good Vits.

Christmas... in honesty.. sending even fewer cards this year.. and just a handful of presents. I have had all my pressies from Jay till Christmas 2015 with the new camera last April/May. I will get him something he has asked for... he has all he wants.. but there is a dvd set I know he wants. Other than he.... there is only a few pressies to get.

I have been saving change when and where I could and will again be taking a small sum to the Vets. His sister who runs the Practice can do as before in past years... knock it off a regular's bill anonymously . Someone who is struggling and loves their animal.. but could do with a little help.. Its my way to Pass It Forward.

DarlaMae.. their phone wreaks messages.. I did manage to get a text through to her cell phone the other night. They are ok.. but have family up and visiting. I will try again this week.

The soup and bread sounded wonderful !!!

HannaMum... the meds shouldnt be doing that to you. Perhaps a word with your Doctor about that.

Maybe give a shoe liner a try too ? I use a heal pad in my right shoe/boot/slipper because of the yukki artificial knee job. It helps. There are lots of different types.

It was a misty start and its overcast. Beginning to see leaves on the ground and colours changing . It isnt cold.. just damp.

Hugssssss for all...........

Edited by author Mon Oct 28, '13 1:45pm PST

[notify]

Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 7:47am PST 
Mornin'all,

FlickaMom, glad DarlaMaeMom has family there. Hope it gives her some comfort. Such a nice thing for you to donate to the vet. I donate to the rescue and know it will be put to good use. I do wear shoe liners and they are great but around the house I go barefoot or with socks. Our weather is warm and muggy but the sun is shining. Cooler temps are expected later this week..we shall see!

Poor Hanna, son was playing with her after she ate yesterday and she was running crazy doing zoomies and then she threw up all her dinner. Bless her heart. Next time need to wait until it digests. Son didn't realize she had just eaten. Doing laundry today..Oh boy!

SargeMom, hope all is well at your house!

Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 2:12pm PST 
Have been totally consumed with the Puppy Doe/Kiya today - they have the Monster and he is in custody - terrible cruelty, unspeakable things and this is a case that hopefully will change the abuse laws for all the dogs and animals in the future. Terrible people are around, it is a whole sick world than what I can honestly remember even a few years ago.

Anniemom, maybe you could get some heavier socks, I know your weather is warm, but they would cushion your foot too. Poor Hanna - that happened when we went to the Lab Club one time - fed Abby and she was swimming and all came up. Never did that again.

Flickamom, you so enjoy your camera and I am totally for fewer gifts, I think it is a relief for all. My friend said they buy when they want throughout the year - I still like something under the tree and the 'boys' are still kids at heart and enjoy Christmas morning, and so does Tom!

Glad you got through somewhat to DarlaMae, I have a card for her, too. Have to get my act together - the computer is a wonderful thing, but it can eat up your day if you don't watch it.

Took Sarge to the Dog Park and walked Abby this morning - Tom went to his mother's with some of the soup I made, and then to Rob's - was there all afternoon.

Made sloppy joe today. Went to get Tom's basil from his garden - all frozen from last night's cold freeze - guess we'll do it next year - was going to make Pesto Sauce, he likes it and never got to making it himself.

Hope all are well, and thanks for the nice comments on Sarge and Abby's pages - the man takes pictures every week at the Lab club, they enjoy doing it.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 5:17pm PST 
Evening All........

Just been a chase my tail day no matter what I tried to do.

HannaMum... actually Jeannie and Joe need some peace.. the company isnt always "helpful"

Maybe get a pair of slipper socks to put the shoe pads in and wear... I have to do that. AbbySarge Mum says the same thing !

Yes.. warm and muggy here... and overcast.. storms are due.

Awwww poor Hanna !!

AbbySargeMum.. the world is no different.. its just easier to hear about this stuff now. Modern media brings it to our doors.. but dont think it didnt happen before.. because it did. People were just threatened by their religions and famlies to shut up about it... now... finally people are being able to speak up.

Totolly agree about pressies. I knew the camera would be "it" for over 2 years.. but that was FINE.. I use it daily... and it IS important to me. I like to have one or two software things for my graphics...but I have them. Jay has what he wants and needs...so.. yes.. I DO like something token...(I have taught Jay to buy me a stuffie !!) and I will get him the dvd set he wants.. I buy for about 10 other people.. that includes the twins/triplets... but they are just small things.. and we will do most of that on Friday after my heart check with the Cardio. That will then be Christmas shopping day.

I do love to make the graphics for the cards.. and the cards... but I have cut down ALOT on how many... postage is just stupid now.. and sending abroad(which was most of my present sending) is just awful in price now.

I grow Basil in pots in winter inside.. and chives .. and Parsley. Can yo maybe buy a little plastic pretty "window box" type thing and grow some herbs ?

Glad Abby and Sarge were able to have some time out to play !

Shopping day morro...

Hugssss for all ............
[notify]
Burt- BlackPearl

Shelter Dogs- Deserve a 2nd- Chance

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 7:10pm PST 
dog Had Burt & Ernie to the vet yesterday for 6 month comprehensive exam. Ernie now weighs in at 66.4 lbs. For a standard-sized Golden male, the AKC standard weight is 65-75 lbs. Dr. M is happy with his weight now. For the most part, Ernie was good. He even let Dr. M scope his ears (didn't do THAT before). BUT, all bets were off the second they tried to clean his ears.

shrug Burt... well his weight went UP again! Even with his increased activity, and decrease food/treats, and weight-control Wellness Core kibble/canned. And his Thyroid panel came back fine, so that's not whats causing the weight gain. Blood values good for the most part. We are going to carefully measure/monitor the kibble and see what his weight looks like in 3 weeks.

I try to stop by and read the forum every day. Miss you all, and keeping all in my thoughts and prayers.

hug

Edited by author Tue Oct 29, '13 7:11pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 9:20pm PST 
Burt and Ernie ... we love you... and its GREAT you are well !

Ok.. re the weight....I have to watch Lucas....he doesnt gain(because I watch it like a hawk !) but he doesnt lose.. and I feel he should.

There is one small thing.... and I know it sounds really obvious.. and I am sure you do check this... but going to say it anyway.

The measure you use....is it a standard cup measure.. e.g 8ozs

Not a spare mug... not a spare odd cup.. but a simple plastic Cup measure.

Some folk.. and I am sure not you.. but some folk think "Cup ahaaaa this mug will do!" and they just fed their dog 4 times the correct amount.

Second thing...for that three weeks.. write down EVERY SINGLE THING you both give him... EVERY THING... treats... food.. EVERYTHING.

Yeah... its boring.. and time consuming.. but its revealing too.

I was HORRIFIED when I did this for me. All the little extra's I 'forgot" about...

Flicka weighs in at 68 lbs...and is good at that.... and has just under 3/4cup of TOTW a day.. plus treats

Lucas is 58 lbs... and has under 2/3 cup of TOTW a day.. plus treats.

I feel for Burt.. it hard for Lucas... what helps is Lucas doesnt have a great interest in food.. and because of his "light tum" I cannot risk alot of things which might upset the apple cart !

The above.. not lecturing.. just trying to help.. Check the measure size.. and give less... and write down every single thing you give...

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Oct 30, '13 7:36am PST 
Morning All.....

7am and half dark still and a thunderstorm and torrential rain. Just easing now at 9.30am but more to come.

Flicka normally takes no notice of Thunder and Lightning...and he wasnt a happy boy.. and Lucas was his usual frightened panting self.

Dosed them both with Melatonin and things have settle d now somewhat.

Have to do grocery shopping today.. so hope this lot abates fast.

Hugsssssssss for all....... back later....
[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Wed Oct 30, '13 9:11am PST 
Mornin'all,

SargeMom, it saddens my heart that any animal would be abused. I will never understand how some people can be so cruel. I put a liner in my sock and that does help! Always enjoy seeing the pics of Abby & Sarge at Lab Club! They are happy pups!

FlickaMom, rainy here today, too, and tomorrow! Hugs to Flicka & Lucas. I try not to let Christmas gifts stress me out. We do simple these days, just a token type gift. Last year we enjoyed going to the Christmas concert & play at the high school. That was kinda like a gift. Before I retired, I worked for a small, family owned business. They were big on gifts and always had them beautifully wrapped. I always fretted on what to get them. Hanna weighs a mere 40 lbs. She is what I call petite. Annie was 89 lbs and our Golden before her was 91 lbs.

Burt & Ernie, so glad you are doing well and always good to hear from you!

Son in Oregon is getting some feedback from the recruiter on a couple of jobs. Fingers crossed!

Smooches for each and every one

kissing
[notify]
  (Page 1814 of 1935: Viewing entries 18131 to 18140)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1809  1810  1811  1812  1813  1814  1815  1816  1817  1818  1819  [Last 10 entry]