GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1792 of 1964: Viewing entries 17911 to 17920)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1787  1788  1789  1790  1791  1792  1793  1794  1795  1796  1797  [Last 10 entry]  
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Sep 5, '13 3:41pm PST 
so glad that Flicka is being a good boy, you have worked hard. Hope that you will have your nice meal tomorrow - or maybe they'll get hungry tonight and eat! Men seem to be able to eat at all hours.

Just wanted to see that all were safely home and glad that Bill is home with you.

Went to Tom's - he left the nice fruit and stir fry in the refrig at his house - guess he didn't need it for 2 days lunch at work.....thinking

Have a cold night coming up. I got quite a bit of de-cluttering in the closet out to the garbage as it's a day late this week. I have both recyle totes filled and took better things to the Homeless Shelter Box -

got to run - time for a shower and slow it up myself. flowers to all flowers
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Sep 5, '13 5:04pm PST 
Thanks for checking.. much appreciated !

Just eaten.. the Chilli was good....

Tom... maybe he left for work in a rush?

Glad you got some sorting done... now you sit and relax too !

Hugssssss for all........

Edited by author Thu Sep 5, '13 5:05pm PST

[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Fri Sep 6, '13 8:28am PST 
Mornin'all,

Oh no....Jay confused Similar has happened here before, too! Glad the chili was good after all your work! What does Flicka do that needed work? You mentioned fear?

SargeMom, Tom probably just forgot the leftovers or maybe he was leaving them for later. It's cold there? Still in 90's here. I need to clean out closets desperately. Did do mine a few weeks ago and moved some clothes I don't wear....too small or too big, to a closet in another bedroom. Maybe from there to Goodwill!

Today is hair day and that's about it!

Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Sep 6, '13 9:47am PST 
Morning All.....

Visitor still not eaten by Flicka... winning situ.... big laugh

Beloved One and I had a little "chat" ... I think things are clearer now ...... for now........ sigh !!

HannaMum.... Flicka has fear aggression ... actually more an over protective need. Much hard work and constant management have made it alot easier to work with. He is much MUCH better... but it has been and always will be hard . Strangers are extremely stressful for him... he will herd and nip as a Heeler will. Introductions have to be made in specific ways he is comfortable with... and slowly. Once you can get past the first day.. its fine... . Today is a million % easier than yesterday. Once he makes friends.. he is ok. He also has alot of stress around other dogs... again fear ... He loves Lucas though.

Whatever happened to him in the 1st 16 weeks of his life has scarred him for life... but tween us we have worked hard and healed alot of damage.He is fiecely loyal and give his life for me... he is a beautiful soul... I have always promised to keep him safe from the demons that sometimes haunt him .

Hope the Hair Day goes well......

Tonight is home made pizzas...

Hugssssssssss for all.............
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Sep 6, '13 10:40am PST 
Morning all, Love Chili - sounds like something nice to make for the Bill's first game this Sunday. Rob may come over as his girlfriend is gone to Africa. I think it's a nice break, their place is small, all new to them being together 24/7, so to speak, so this is a good thing. He will watch the 2 cats - Dusty and Dahlia, that are her cats. One, Dusty, just loves Rob. We had a cat, Maine Coon, Whiskers, he was a beautiful boy.

I was glad I did the closet when the garbage was coming. Have a habit of keeping clothes I get for Christmas, in the box so they don't stretch out. Then, I forget about what is there, so I put into drawers ( which had to be cleaned out ). This sentimental thing holds me from throwing many things out. I just have to think that they are going to use to someone else who is enjoying them, that helps to let go.

Tom just home from golf - going to have a hot dog. Feel a little 'off' just last few hours. Got Minx at 9 - stopped at the vet for Sarge's Tl, and over to C & T's to let dog's out, to grocery store and then home. Just read where a sweet friend of the boy's - she is married with a little boy - lost her beautiful Lab, Missy, she is heartbroken. We know that feeling, all of us here.

Back later on - have a nice day at the hair salon, and so glad that Flicka is past the first day. The couple who started Lab Club, their Derby is very protective and they have to introduce slowly. That's why they started the club originally, only a few dogs. He has come a long way, as has Flicka.

Tom and I have 'talks' - gotta do it, men don't see things same as we do I don't think. We like a set time, and things done right - they just like to show up.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Sep 6, '13 12:32pm PST 
AbbySargeMum.. I made alot ! and there is some in the freezer.. will share !

The cats sound lovely. I would love to have a cat around again.. Lucas would do fine.. Flicka would not be its friend !

I honestly buy so few clothes.. What I have tends to wear out before it is thrown out !

Thinking perhaps a little time away and just relaxing will be what you need. Just enjoy a meal and settle.

So sorry about Missy

Men... I was spoiled in the respect that my Dad would have never turned up late.. . My Mum would say when the meal was almost ready.. he would have considered it extremely rude to not be there . Unless there was a really good reason. I grew up with those manners. I hate lateness. We all know sometimes something is unavoidable.. but the laissez faire attitude I just wont put up with !

Jay is never late for appointments etc.. always there early.. but the concept of coming to the table on time... that passes him by big laugh
[notify]
Hanna Belle

I'm a lovebug!

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 7:42am PST 
Mornin'all,

FlickaMom, sometimes the men need that "little chat"! It has happened here, too! I am so sorry that Flicka had such a bad time when he was a pup that it is still affecting him. I'm sure with all your hard work he has come a long way. Oh boy, homemade pizza. Please send leftovers!

SargeMom, what a nice thing for Rob's girlfriend to go to Africa to help those in need. She sounds like a lovely person and I'm glad Rob has found someone like her. Sorry about Misty. Hope you aren't feeling "off" today.

Hanna woke me up twice last night to go out. She did pee once but was more interested in smelling around. Guess she smelled something in her backyard. Finally came back in and settled down!

Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 12:10pm PST 
Afternoon All......

HannaMum...will send pizza !

Over 100F today and they are off to the game at 3... it starts at 6 and Jay's seats are at least in the shade side.

You might possibly want to not take Hanna out. If you KNOW she is ok... then this could be becoming a habit... and maybe one you dont want. She may just need settling down ?

Hugssssssss for all..........
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 2:04pm PST 
is it morning yet - gym at 7 - 8:30 and then home to get ready to meet Aunt Jo and Minx at Kohl's - then to find a place to eat - Denny's turned out to be it-so we got done, I had pot roast, so did Minx and Aunt Jo chicken fingers and took a doggy bag. Home to see the mail, and download some pics Tom had a small list at the store, said I would go as I had a list - well, his is so 'particular' - went to the other store and nothing there, so bought similar and receipt is there if he wants to take it back. Was just a rush and run day, plus the first pictures were dark from the photo - got almost home and went back with them - oh, sorry, just take time and do them right that's all I ask.

I am one of these early birds - if you say meet me at 1 - I'll be there at 12hi55. It is the way I am and in some respects, a pain as I feel uncomfortable strolling into a gathering late - this is the night of Tom's reunion last year, and also where Rob got hit in the head. Guess we should forget this day.

So, Tom went to another reunion for a while last night, just an open bar casual - was home by 8:30, from 10 miles away, said he knew a few people only as they married from his class. His cousin said to stop in.

Haven't had to be getting up with Sarge in the past 2 weeks, I think it is the bronchial medicine and the T.... that is a No Word here, but he sleeps pretty well. Plus they gave him an injection for his tail the other day, which helps. I don't know, Abby makes noises to go, but unless she is insistent and I think she may have a UTI - which is possible with females moreso - I ignore her. Dogs and kids - you get no sleep with either one.

So rain rain the whole afternoon. Tom took Abby to lab club and was before the rain, but he said very few came. This is getting to be the iffy season for that now.

Hope Jay and Bill have a good time at the game and tomorrow is the nice dinner you have planned - wish we could all join in! wave
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 6:23pm PST 
AbbySargeMum...

THAT was a busy day !!!!!!!!

Yes.. I am always early... I was brought up that way.. that lateness was bad manners. We all know sometimes there is a reason.. but ... generally not so !

Remember the Reunion... that part was a good time... remember that. And.. remember that Rob is good now... and that is a blessing too. See the good bit.. put the bad bits away.

So glad Sarge is doing better.... Laughed at the "dogs and kids". Jay always says at least dogs dont need a college education !

Glad Abby went to the Lab Club. That is so good for her.

It was over 100F again today... they are at the game now.

English roast dinner tomorrow ... all welcome.. there is going to be enough for a Regiment

Hugsssssssss for all......

Edited by author Sat Sep 7, '13 6:24pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1792 of 1964: Viewing entries 17911 to 17920)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1787  1788  1789  1790  1791  1792  1793  1794  1795  1796  1797  [Last 10 entry]