GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1651 of 1965: Viewing entries 16501 to 16510)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1646  1647  1648  1649  1650  1651  1652  1653  1654  1655  1656  [Last 10 entry]  
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 10:54am PST 
Hi everyone....sorry for being MIA. I am sorry to hear about Mike frownhug

I'm glad Sully seems to be feeling better and that the results have been all good. I'm sure that's a relief.

We are all okay. We finally got a little snow today...an inch, but enough to throw everyone off wink It's been pretty darn cold too!

Sending everyone hugs hughughughughughughug
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 1:39pm PST 
(The angel picture is last one on Rocky's Page)

For Those Who Love So Much

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said " it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me...

Edited by author Thu Jan 24, '13 1:48pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 1:59pm PST 
Afternoon All...

Another 3 steps forward 4 steps back day......

AbbySargeMum.. stay warm and safe. The snow pack didnt come into Colarado till December.. THREE months late.. and about half the amount. That has been the case everywhere. This is deep drough winter everywhere. Its serious now.. imagine what it is going to be like come Summer. There is nothing in ponds now. I was looking at the NOAA drought maps.. its honestly scarey.

Hoping Tom is doing alot better......

It is virtually impossible to bite a lump off the antlers.. that is why they are so safe. Only prob is when they get chewed down small.. and that wasnt the case as it is a 10" antler .

Sweet Levi.. there isnt a day we dont think of him. One of his collars was sent to me by his Mum... it sits around the Night Treats Jar. Each night the Boys get a chew treat at bedtime and know the words.. "Uncle Levi's Jar".

S&S... delighted Sully is fine.. and hoped it was just one of those things. The Big Eyes when they are not getting the treats.. smilesss !!! Glad the tests are all clear.. just a shame the vet indulges in daylight robbery. But I also know you have no other vet to go to.. so you are stuck with that.

AnnieMum.... first night for a while it hasnt frozen.. it was a beautiful day yesterday and overcast today...and a small chance of a little rain at the weekend.

River..... so glad you have found a groomer you can use.

Trickle.. sensitive Tum... you have my sympathy.. it used to get to Lucas(exploding...) about every 6 weeks. Finally found a food he is good on.. and its all but vanished.... but it took 3 years to work the miracle...

Wavessssss to Scoots.... stay warm and take care !

AbbySargeMum... that is a BEAUTIFUL poem !

Hugsssssssss for all.........

Edited by author Thu Jan 24, '13 2:03pm PST

[notify]

Sully &- Socks Our- Angel

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 1:18am PST 
Yes, Flicka Mom, this drought situation is really near or at the disaster point!
God help us all this summer if it doesn't break (and unlikely it will)! The whole food supply is being affected and the poor farm animals are suffering so. When you think about all the vital uses for water (aside from just drinking, it is a scarey scenario!). Of course, global warming is just a hoax according to some!

Your'e absolutely right about it being impossible for Sully to have broken off part of the antler as it is huge and hard. When he did get his last antler gnawed down to danger of breaking I took it down to a neighbor and had the thin part sawed off.
We're both just so relieved that we crashed in bed about 8 pm last night and I just woke up at three-fifty am.

Sarge Mom, thinking so much about DadT and hoping he's feeling better. Any results from the tests yet? With the weekend coming up, it might be a good idea to call the doctor's office and ask if they have results yet. I find that many times I have to do that and sure enough the results are in, but they haven't called yet, which is awful for patients as waiting is the hardest part.

It's cold as blazes here...we got about an inch more snow yesterday and it hasn't even melted off the roads yet. Hope you're staying warm and being extra careful on walks (do you still have your grippers for the bottom of your boots?). We're supposed to get high winds today & possibly more snow over the weekend. Not easy to shovel like normal, really hard packed from the continuing cold weather.

Thinking of DarlaMae's family and hoping they are safe and warm, bless them.

The poem you posted was so beautiful I posted it on S&S page in memory of sweet Socks.

Sully hasn't thrown up any more (unless outside & we didn't see) and seems ok, just a bit lethargic, but now knowing the results of his tests we're not worried.

Did any of you receive a form REQUIRED to be returned to the National Agricultural Statistics Service due by February 1? This is the second time we've gotten this thing (did't return it last time, so they sent it again). We don't own a farm or use our property for anything agricultural, so I don't understand our getting it. Has a bunch of questions related to farming, animals in use, renting parcels of land, etc. which have no application to us. Just wondering if everyone got it or just us in our rural county? Been trying to fill the thing out, but don't even understand most of the questions. Are we alone, or did others get this "booklet" to fill out (says its required by law)?

Spent alot of yesterday filling out forms to renew my Driver's License (though I hardly ever drive, still need to have one in case I have to some time), renewing car registration ($67.50 for 1 year for our beat up old car!) and paying what bills I could...my least favorite job in the world!

Scooter, did you snow stick, too?

Sorry to hear little Trickle is still having problems!

Maiyah, how are you and your pawrents doing up in that deep freeze.

Thank you all again for your good wishes and prayers for Sully. We really were scared and feel SO relieved now!

Hope all have a good day and healing wishes to all who need them! Love to all!
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 4:52am PST 
Sarge, that was a nice poem cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9 beautiful hug

S&S...yes, it stuck a bit...we are getting a little more later, but I know you already know that blue dog Hoping it comes after mom leaves work and gets home wink

I hope everyone has a good weekend! hughughughug
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 7:42am PST 
Mornin'all,

S&SMom, happy, happy....joy, joy! Such great news about Sully. We are doing the happy dance! happy dance I know you must be so relieved. No, haven't received any agriculture forms.

SargeMom, loved the poem! How is Tom doing? I hear it's really cold there.

FlickaMom, sorry more steps back than forward! I know those days, too! Beautiful moonlight last night.

Scoots, glad that all are well there.

River, I hear those mobile groomers are great.

Seems like we are the only ones that are warm. It was in the high 70's yesterday and for several more days. We gave Annie a much needed bath outside. Enjoying it while we can.

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 8:36am PST 
Wish I could bottle the heat from Anniemom - we are in the deep freeze here - it is still below 10 degrees. Have been putting the battery starter on the cars at night, the one car now has a new battery and the other one will be changed in Summer at 3 years. Can't imagine if our cars were outside in the wind and snow piled on them.

So relieved for Sully and mom and dad S&S - when our dear ones are sick, we are all hurting for them. I didn't realize that the antler are so large and heavy, so guess that would not have been a problem. They said somewhere that I read that dogs can get the flu, though.

Scooter good to hear from you all and River - and hope Trickle continues on with good training!

Have to go back to the hair dresser, the roots that were supposed to be taken away - after I washed my hair, are still there, a bit lighter but not gone. Hate to ask her to fix it, but hair salon is a luxury and I don't want to pay for what wasen't done. Could be the light was bad that day and didn't show up. She is a sweet girl and I talked to her and explained what was going on, and have an appt. at 1:00.

Tom still has no results - he is on the Flagel 3 times a day - 2 tablets, and seems alot better. It is strong stuff and will taper off assuming, after we get the results of the lab work.

Sending love love love kissing to all and hoping that a nice weekend for all big hug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 10:08am PST 
Morning all.........

S&S... it isnt just global warming.... that is only a part of the equation. Point is.. right now we are experiencing a multi-decadal weather system.. one of those "once on 50 years" things... may not be 50.. but you see what I am saying. Now.... when you add that to the recent phenomenon for global warming.. (and it is recent in real terms) you have a nasty combination.The Little Ice Age in the 1700's was ok... the multi decadal thing... but they didnt have the pressure cooker we wonderful idiots have added to the stew !

Its all part of a far larger cycle.. which global warming but adds to. El Nino was expected last year.. and didnt happen... that too happens.. Cycles are not set by the clock.. they may have broad expection patterns though.

The USDA form... suspect HIGHLY its been sent to a wrongly filled address. There is no reason for it at all for you. Give them a acall and have your address removed as you are not a farmer..... or send back..... with note that you are a private residence and have no information and would they please correct their data base.

Mailing Address:
USDA-NASS
1400 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20250

Toll-Free Ag Statistics Hotline:
(800) 727-9540

Email:
nass@nass.usda.gov

Be thankful that is all you pay. In UK... you pay road tax yearly. There are 4 bands now and you also HAVE to have a yearly strict inspection of the cat(MOT) and Insurance of course. Yearly Road Tax average is £130 which is over $200 The MOT test is £54.85 ($87) and Insurance is higher there. Then....they have to pay around $13-14 a gall for petrol.

REALLY pleased Sully is doing so much better ! That is the biggest relief !!!

Wavessssssss to Scoots..........

AnnieMum... cloud again today.. and below freezing again last night. We have such yoyo temps

Feeling for the ones North with the bitter cold. the lowest so far we have hit id 13F... warm compared to many ! Been averaging 20F

AbbySargeMum... stay warm and safe.. I well remember having to warm batteries ! Yes... many folk dont have shelter for their cars...its bad in both heat and cold. Cars in the Summer here can go up to 150F in the sun. Hear also we have huge hail... hail dents are part of the car !

Dogs(and cats.. and most animals) can get a kind of flu... not the same strain as human flu though.....

Glad you will get your hair fixed.

Pleased Tom is doing alot better.. hoping this has now passed. When are the lab results due ?

Hugsss for all .....stay warm and safe....
[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 5:30pm PST 
THE POEM
So Jenna like. Warms us as it makes us cry while little Maiyah is doing her best to support us. She knows and understands.We are all in this time travel venture together. Our Paws will guide us as we take care of them in our feeble attempt to be understanding.Oh Furrs, have patience with us, poor hoomans.We promise shelter, food and plenty of hugs in return. And mainly, we love with all of our hearts.
Long live K 9s, Lupus family,
Maiyah, Mom and Dad love you.
Friends, be good, stay well, live to the fullest,
Furrever yours,
Mom, Dad, Maiyah, Jennakissingflowersbig hug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 6:49pm PST 
Wavessssss to Maiyah !!

Just notoced to day that the hycinchs just breaking ground arent alone.. there is one of the clumps of daffs doing it too. ! And the Snow crocus are justttt below the ground.. I peeked.

Just spoken to Jeanie.. they are still wading through alot of things... they too have heavy snow and bitter cold right now. They are bearing up otherwise and send heaps of love.
[notify]
  (Page 1651 of 1965: Viewing entries 16501 to 16510)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1646  1647  1648  1649  1650  1651  1652  1653  1654  1655  1656  [Last 10 entry]