GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1646 of 1947: Viewing entries 16451 to 16460)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1641  1642  1643  1644  1645  1646  1647  1648  1649  1650  1651  [Last 10 entry]  
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 3:30am PST 
partypartywishes Happy Birthday Jay wishespartyparty I didn't get back to post yesterday. Hope you had a nice day, and I Hate the way those trucks drive. And your finger, such a sharp instrument.

Hair is the same, just needed hi lights and cut. Then I had lunch to make, walk Sarge and went early to the Galleria near the Empty Leash. It is so large, and I have done this to walk around a few hours, get exercise and see what's new, on some of my days to the group. Sadly, that is the last one at the Hospice - the facilitator is opening a new group where she lives starting in March. Hospice is changing that building to something else for use, and also it is hard for Kym to get rides to and home except to go very early and wait and then go home half way with a group person and meet the church bus and transfer. She has medical problems which keep her from driving, and nerve damage, it is sad, a good heart person. There are other things in the planning stages for us to meet up, though, maybe not at that group as it is far out for most.
I cannot say enough about Hospice. They took care of my mom since her diagnosis with colon cancer and even when she lived at our house, through her final week in the at that time, new facility. Passed on my birthday, which was Easter that year. I have volunteered since then and did the Remembrance Tree memorial tags and Flower Sale since 1995. Tom's dad was also under their care. I am so sorry to read of Minster's family - you have been so good about keeping in touch with many people in Dogster. I know many here but have not called them except for Rhon a few times when the Crew passed so closely.

Anniemom, hoping your son's house sells. Our neighbor is in the same circumstance and waiting, as he cannot afford to keep it up and has 2 children and 2 jobs. It is an older house and needs a loving hand.

S&S Mom, hoping that Sully will be more at ease, we were talking about that last night and the only help was time. Sad, just to be able to tell them what has happened. I have read stories of dog's who will not leave their owner's grave, or church where they went each day, most recent one.

Maiyah do you have snow? We have about 2 inches and it looks so pretty but will be slush when it warms up.

Minx comes today at 11 - and we'll have pizza and visit. She is here on an overnight.

Hugs to all - guess there was a bit of a upset with Mel being included in the group for Brandi and she asked to be removed and to invite her first, before including her - Mel has so often asked for help with her cause, which is a valid and good one It is a fundraiser idea group, not necessarily a bid for money and those in her area are planning bake sales, etc.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 4:00am PST 
Good morning all! wavehug glad to hear everyone seems to be doing okay. S&S....did you guys end up with snow? shrug We didn't get anything. Not even a trace amount all winter frown Can you tell I'm bummed about that? Us beagles love playing in the snow.

We are all doing ok....Trudy needs to get her nails trimmed, a couple of them are a little crooked red facered facered face Mom used to do our nails with no problem, but a few months ago, she trimmed one of Trudys nails and even though she didn't hit blood, Trudy yanked her paw and jumped off the sofa. Mom freaked out thinking she got her, but she didn't shrug So now moms nervous with her frown

Mom will take her tomorrow. I hope the paw toes are ok.

Hope you guys have a good weekend! hughughughughughug
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 7:48am PST 
Mornin'all,

FlickaMom, please give my regards to Nancy. I have kept up somewhat with his journey with cancer and posted sometimes to threads. It's such a sad situation. Hospice certainly are Angels here on earth and he is having the best of care. I often wonder how the Hospice caregivers handle it...takes a very special person. Hope the finger is healing!

SargeMom, so sad that your mom passed on your birthday. We used Hospice with my mom through her last days of colon cancer. She stayed at my house and they came every day and were such a comfort. I couldn't have done it without them. How is Sarge? Enjoy Minx's visit and the pizza. Keeping fingers crossed that this house sale goes through and not fall through like the other one.

ScootsMom, I am too scared to trim nails, too! Annie goes to the vet for that.
Glad all is well over there.

I have a dental cleaning today.

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 2:50pm PST 
Afternoon All........ finally here.. you know those 3 steps forward 4 steps back days ...... !!

AbbySarge Mum.. thankyou for the good wishes.. passed on ! We are going for a steak tomorrow... that was what Jay wants.. so will be nice.

Highlights are GOOD ! They can make alot of difference. I only dye to keep the colour and do it at home.. but would rather like just once to have some highlights !

Hoping if you all work together you can come up with a compromise for a meeting place . It is so needed and works so well. Hoping a place that will work for all will come up.

In England the Hospices are mostly staffed by the MacMillan nurses. They are Earth Angels.. truely amazing people. My Dad was in a Hospice for the last week of his life.. and they made it a Journey and a Destination.. a place with so much Joy amid so much sadness. I will never ever forget what they did.

Hoping Sarge's eye is still doing better. Hoping you get some good time with Minx

Scoots......try this... take the dogs outside.. and do the nails there. Lucas used to be a pain to do..... till I got to the point where I used to take him to the Vets.. but I decided enough was enough. I used to do 3 inch talons so why was I standing for messing about !! So I tried the "do it outside" lift paw.. clip.. done... He doesnt pull or fuss.. and I can do both of them(Flix was always ok with it) in 5 mins ! Try it.. you have nothing to lose. Its a quick but firm action.. and being outside on seems to make the difference.

AnnieMum.... I see you post in the threads .. I am trying to keep that one especially updates as hose in the little group are "family" and she appreciates greatly the love..and the necessary humour and the Hugss.

Hope the cleaning goes ok !
[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 6:20pm PST 
Happy Birthday JAY
[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 6:26pm PST 
Hi Sarge and all,
Nope very little snow but expecting approx 2 inches overnite. Was darn cold this morning at minus 6...Maiyah did not waste time touring the area. Dad was dressed to stay out for a while but my fur is not all grown yet so, it was cold.
Snow tonite and rain tomorrow. Above freezing Sunday then back down below zero (-6)
Bundle up, stay warm, have a nice cup off tea with scones and heavy cream...And a tad of strawberry preserve,

flowersflowersflowershug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 7:29pm PST 
He syas Thankyou !!

He will eat the icing I will eat the fruit !!! big laugh

Stay warm and stay safe...
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 5:01am PST 
Maiyah, yes you need a little more fur to face cold winds. Sarge has a cute coat that everyone loves to see him in at the paw park. His eyes are coming along but a long process and can go south quickly. So I put in the drops - no more atrophine - but the other 2 plus his cyclosporin in the left eye which is very dry.

Minx was here but I didn't see her. Tom was very sick on Thursday all night, and in the morning, actually shaking and white as a sheet. I said we are calling the doctor and he said yes, so we called the GI and they set appt. for next Thursday - earliest - and said to call Primary to get Flagle and antibiodic. The primary said to take - 4 otc immodium a day til Monday, fluids, will see him Monday 11:00. Doesn't want to go with Flagle till he sees Tom, unless the otc doesn't work.

So I made a mild chicken soup and got fresh rolls, jello, gatoraide. He is some better, but he told them that Fran had C-Dif and he was there to see him in hospital every day and then they found that's what he had - you had to gown up. But who knows, as been a while.

Glad Jay enjoyed his steak, always a good meal and also that is a lovely Chinese New Year symbol. I made my lucky chinese new year candy's earlier - with chocolate and those chow mien noddles, very easy, melt and mix noodles, put on waxed paper in refrigerator.

Have been walking Abby and getting quite a work out, she moves right along and we go for about 45 minutes around the 'block' here.

Tom and Courtney had people over for dinner last night - Rob and his friend and others - the girl is a sweetie, very polite, has hair to her waist. She came in to say hello while we were watching tv. Said she wouldn't just come to someone's house and not see the parents.

Thoughts of DarlaMae as I do of all our friends. I am very sorry to hear of Minster's daddy - I have known the name Minster for the years here, but not the family. Nasty horrible cancer, there has to be a way to detect early and be rid of it.

Hugs to Sully and thoughts of Burt hug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 7:16am PST 
Morning All....

Errands day but compensation is Beloved One's belated birthday meal while we are out !

AbbySargeMum ... you are doing all you can for Sarge... hoping this goes on helping his eyes.

So sorry Tom has been so sick. Really hoping it is the simple answer and its the stomach flu bug. Whilst that is horrible... its fixable. Good to get this checked out and will be thinking of him on Monday.

With Fran.. at least they have finally found out what it is.. and that means they can properly treat it hopefully.

Having the meal today whilst out... he didnt want fuss but does want the steak.. smiles....

I have just finished making a Chinese New Year kit that I put up on my freebies blogspot site. I always make a set of cards and scraps for our local Chinese resturant so will get working on those. This year the Chinese New Year of the Water Snake starts on 10th Feb... my day too !. I will work on the graphics this weekend.

Sounds as if the young lady was brought up the proper and old fashioned way. How nice that is.

Hugssssssssssss for all..... back later........
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 7:45am PST 
Mornin'all,

FlickaMom, hope you & Jay enjoy the steak. Great way to celebrate a birthday!
My dental cleaning went fine. The hygenist & I always enjoy chatting. She is close to me in age and also has esophagus problems and even thought it was a heart problem at first like I did. We are having gorgeous weather..sunny & mildly chilly.

Maiyah, stary warm precious girl!

SargeMom, do you think Tom has a stomach flu? You had mentioned last week that he wasn't feeling well, either. Stomach problems are the worst! hug Sounds like you are getting a lot of exercise walking Abby. I usually take Annie for a couple of shorter walks. I think she enjoys sniffing more than walking! Rob's friend sounds very polite. I'm glad he's getting out and having fun!

I'm going to the hair salon today and then think we are eating out somewhere with son....or maybe tomorrow.

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one.kissing
[notify]
  (Page 1646 of 1947: Viewing entries 16451 to 16460)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1641  1642  1643  1644  1645  1646  1647  1648  1649  1650  1651  [Last 10 entry]