GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1645 of 1939: Viewing entries 16441 to 16450)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1640  1641  1642  1643  1644  1645  1646  1647  1648  1649  1650  [Last 10 entry]  
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 9:24am PST 
hugbig hughug 's fur all hugbig hughug

So wonderful to hear of some good newshug Hope it all continues cloud 9

hug's fur all still in needhug

Flicka....ya it is "daft" Poor Trickle....she can't even lay properly to snoozefrown Oh Well...few more days!

We are thinking she could go back on Friday for stitch removal....thinking which would be a week...but the incision looks great! no red no swelling....

big grin

In the meantime we are going to get a baby sleeper "one-zie" with feet.....at least she would be able to sleep better!

big laughbig laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh

All is well with us....and hope and pray all is the same for all of you
big hug
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 12:40pm PST 
hi all, finally sitting down and reading a scalpel - what were you doing, isen't that for a doctor? Hope all is going to heal ok and poor Lucas. I think Abby had the flu last week as she was sick and 'loose' and not herself. They say dogs can get the flu. Hope he doesn't have a bug.

Anniemom, it is probably not going to change as the flap of his skull that they opened is like a horseshoe - and when it settled down it made this 'wrinkle' in his forehead.
No ointment will help, Flickamom, it is actually skin that is wrinkled.

I think maybe your friend will want the suitcase to know that is what he last had in his possession? I was like that with some of my mother's things, didn't open her purse, as if she would come back to get it. Poor sweet dear family, I am so sorry.

I read of Brandi having financial problems too, terrible situation. They have had many sad things going on the past few years with Sally, Jim and Sassy an Angel. I believe Brandi is a cancer survivor.

Thinking of dear friends - have hair appt. tomorrow am and Empty Leash tomorrow night. Last one I had the colonoscopy and didn't go.

Trickle - maybe a piece of lambswool to lay on? I'm thinking the fluffy stuff, like a small rug?
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 4:08pm PST 
Annie Mum... glad your friend has you.

Good time for Annie !

Yes.. Lucas is fine... just how it goes with them for no reason sometimes. My finger is well wrapped.. not disturbing it as yet !

Poor Trickle !!! Sounds as if she is healing great though.. Big thing done with happily !

AbbySargeMum... scaplels are used in craft work all the time everywhere...by millions of people.All the same blades as surgeons use .I have been cutting with them for 45 years... and working with them that long. If you need accurate cutting thats what you use. This is only the 3rd serious cut in that many years. It was my own fault.. I was late and rushing.

Lucas is fine.. just happens sometimes.. just as it does with humans. he is his normal self.

Scars always heal differently because they are different tissue as such. Honestly..... just how it is. I really dont think about mine and some of those are a mess. It is important to keep that skin supple.. but looks as if its the new Rob.. at least he is healed.. and that is far more important as you agree than the asthetics. Thankfully he recovered.

Yes.. its sad about that family.. and sadly there are others.. one who reads here but rarely posts and is a very dear friend.. her husband is dying with cancer. Its an awful disease.

Well.. the 3rd event today was a 20 ton aggragate truck that had been riding our bumper and was inattentive. The car in front of us stopped short to turn left.. Jay braked and was slowing nicely.. we hear lock up behind us.. and 20 loaded tons that wasnt going to stop.... Jay floored the pedal and in a split second had seem the oncoming traffic was clear.. and he boosted into the oncoming road.. the 20 tonner flew past racking up verge.If he missed us by a hairs breadth,,, that was the most. If Jay hadnt have acted as he did I suspect at best we woyuld be in the hosptal now...

It was a defining moment....He and his mate didnt stop but noticably slowed right down. I suspect his mate was on the radio to him ripping him a new brain.
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 4:44pm PST 
Just as an afterthought..There are many many scar reduction creams on the market. Just do a search for exactly that. I wouldnt like to vouch for the majority of them but some are very useful for some types of scar.

Some of them are recommended by good dematologists etc. But its buy beware on many.

Each has to decide for themselves if it matters to them .. and obviously the severity carries a decider too.
[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 6:18pm PST 
DIXIE, DIXIE, DIXIE,
What a beautiful tribute to you Dixie. Jenna's ashes are here with her picture nad a small candle that burns almost every nite...
You will always be remembered, always in family's heart , always present.Eternal life at the bridge, observing the ones down here and making sure that, all will be well little angelcloud 9little angel big hug
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 4:55am PST 
morning - off to get a new hairdo - it is in rough shape!

Flickamom, I have used exacto knives for crafts - is that like what you are using?

The area on Rob's forehead is a Wrinkle or Indention of skin that has formed due to the settling of his incision. It isen't a scar or anything that will fade out - it is an actual indention in his head from the surgery. He has taken pictures and noted it as it may worsen, hopefully not.

Made some egg cups this morning - put turkey slice in a cupcake pan, a little cheese and some green onion - break in an egg and sprinkle pepper and bake - can use ham, more cheese or none or whatever you want. They came out pretty!

Minx will be here tomorrow - her aunt (Aunt Jo) is suffering with Vertigo and has had it before. The PT who comes to the house is trying to manipulate her head to align the ear bones.

Empty Leash tonight, too.

Hope all have a good day - lots of hugs to those who need love kissingbig hugflowers always in our hearts
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 6:30am PST 
Morning All....

Jays birthday today.. he has his cards.. we are going to have a meal out on Saturday. Thats how he wants it.... no fuss.. he just never has celebrated anything much.

AbbySargeMum... its a scalpel handle and blade.Swann Morton varity... one of the classic makers. The blades come in many shapes and sizes. You just slot on a new blade of choice. Used everywhere by crafters of many things. You buy the blade shape you want in packs... crafters buy the non sterile variety . I have Exacto's too... again.. yes.. many crafters use them. I prefer the feel of the scalpel handle .I mostly use the #11 or #10 blades with the classic #3 handle for extremely pinpointed accuracy of cutting.

I am sure you and Rob and the family are just happy he healed... thats really what matters. It was a really scarey time.

The cups sound delicious !!

Hoping you can have a nice time with Minx.

Empty Leash is a wonderful thing.

Hugsss for all.............

Edited by author Thu Jan 17, '13 6:35am PST

[notify]
Sully &- Socks Our- Angel

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 6:51am PST 
Good morning all~

Been raining here for two days...snow predicted tomorrow (we're between the 1-3"
and 4"-6" zone, so who knows? Can't complain as it's been a snowless winter so far.

Flicka Mom, so sorry you cut your hand & glad its healing ok! Wishing Jay a Happy Birthday today, even if he doesn't celebrate! So thankful Jay's quick thinking prevented you all from being hit by that truck!!

At last it seems that Sully is coming around more! He's picked up his antler again and is once again staying pretty close to us, gnawing happily till he goes to sleep. Much more tail wagging and happy eyes...we're thrilled!

So sorry to miss Mama Anna's birthday, hope it was a happy one (how could it not be with that big ball of fluff, Maiyah!

Sarge Mom, those egg cups sound yummy! Nice that you're getting your hair done and Minx will visit tomorrow. So sorry to hear AJ is having vertigo & hope it clears soon (it's an awful feeling). If Rob can only overlook the scar and be the happy go lucky young man he's always been prior to all his trauma, people won't care about the scar and just enjoy his wonderful personality. Easy to say, I know, but hoping that will eventually happen. Bless the poor boy's heart, he's been through so much. Do you think its possible that he could have some re-constructive surgery or maybe Botox to fill the indentation? Hope dear Sarge is doing better with his eye & so glad surgery isn't on the horizon.

Annie Mom, hope all's well at your house & that son's house will sell sooner than later and take some of the pressure off him. How is your DIL doing with her pain? So sad about Dave's wife & the suitcase, but understandable that she want to hold on to the last thing he used.

Hope little Trickle will heal up completely very soon.

Didn't do any reading back as head is on the edge, so forgive any misses please!

hughughugMuch love to all!hughughug

Edited by author Thu Jan 17, '13 6:52am PST

[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 8:32am PST 
Mornin'all,

FlickaMom, OMD, what a scary thing with the truck incident! Things like that can happen so fast and thankfully Jay was aware and you are both safe. How is the finger today? Are you talking about Minster? Such a sad situation.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jay! partypartypartyparty We don't make a big deal of B'days, either. Eating out is always my choice!

Hi Maiyah! wave

River, how cute Trickle would be in a one-zie!

SargeMom, enjoy the hair salon. Will you be getting a different look since you mentioned "new"? Your egg cups sound yummy! Rob has come so far and been through so much, bless his heart! I know you must be looking forward for Minx's visit! Do you have any plans with her? Sorry to hear Aunt Jo has Vertigo.

S&SMom, it warms my heart to hear that our sweet Sully is doing better. big hug
Son's house has another contract, closing in February. Keeping my fingers crossed. DIL is in pain most of the time. She is having a procedure done on her back but I don't know exactly what it is. Son is in a bit of a slump right now. Hopefully the house selling will help. Hope your headache eases.

We have the most beautiful sunshine today and supposed to last several days. It's a bit chilly but I'll take it! Jim will be tutoring the twins Algebra later.

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one! kissing
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 12:32pm PST 
Thankyou All for the birthday wishes for Jay... he appreciates the good wishes and cards !

S&S... I just did a trainling webinar today and a session at the National weather service yesterday... and been watching the radar.. you may get that snow ! But.. it will help come Summer. Meanwhile.. we still stay at Atacama desert status !

So pleased to hear about Sully.. time .. just as for humans... is really the only help.

Hoping your head eases.

AnnieMum... yes.. I am more than thankful for Jays quick reasction... it really was paint dusting close.. and it wouldnt have been a good end,.

Yes.. Min's husband. I have talked to Nancy every day for nearly 5 years . Yahoo messenger typed talk.. the phone.. and she was coming to stay last March when Mike went down with the lung cancer a year ago.. and she couldnt come. In that year.. we have spoken most days on the phone.. and especially now.

Just this morning he has now been taken into Hospice care.. and its down to a few days. She is at peace with it now... its been a long hard road... and we have had many conversations that had to be had. She is the kindest soul... and I am pround she is my friend. I cant be there in person.. but have tried to be in other ways.

Mike is in very good hands( My Dad was in the Hospice in UK for a week before he passed.. they are Angels) Nancy will have support from afar from the many who love her dearly.

Finger is well padded up but ok.

Glad there is the prospect of another sale on your son's house. That is hopefully good news !. Hoping your DIL has some success with the proceedure on her back.
[notify]
  (Page 1645 of 1939: Viewing entries 16441 to 16450)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1640  1641  1642  1643  1644  1645  1646  1647  1648  1649  1650  [Last 10 entry]